Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's Behringer Got On the Burner?

I've seen mention of or heard rumors that Behringer is cloning the XXX synth in several locations from here to FB forums and so on. I'm trying to get a definitive answer on what all Uli is working on. We all know what's already available pretty much. I've heard that besides the ARP 2600 clone they are also working on a Oberheim OB? clone and a Yamaha CS-80 clone. Is anyone aware of anything else they are working on? Just curious. That 2600 for $600 is looking and sounding really good. Just thought I'd ask! TIA

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a comprehensive list from Amazona.de â these guys are fairly renowned in the German-speaking synth world and have a direct line to Uli Behringer (including having visited the factory and getting early access to new hardware).

Top list is teased/announced development with "estimated percentage of completion" (nothing scientific, just a sort of "how it's coming along" figure). Some of those are just registered trademarks ("Registrierung Markenname"), with no further information.

Bottom list is actually shipping products.

The ARP 2600 is now shipping, so the list is outdated by a few weeks.

Missing are a couple of the Klark Teknik reissues, like the vintage compressors (though oddly, they include the Dimension D reissue).

https://www.amazona.de/status-behringer-synthesizer-news-tests-uebersicht-2020/

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

The only two that really excite me on this list are the 2600, and mainly because of the lighted sliders, the CS80, and the OSCar. The rest are fine, but there have been SEM filters and FM synths, etc, that scratched the itch for people seeking the flavor of these vintage boards. But the OSCar is something I"d like to have with actual hardware, even though the software emulations are fine. Same for the CS80.

"For instance" is not proof.

I don't need it, but I expect I'll buy the Pro 800. It's supposed to be shipping in January at $599.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)