Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

October Virtual KC Forum Hang and a Toast

Last month we celebrated Sam's birthday. This month we can raise a glass to Jimmy (BluesKeys). :(

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

The Zoom room for the KC Virtual Hang is still up, do you guys want to do another?

Here's the scoop. It's on now, and unless Sam turns it off, it will be on all weekend. So you can feel free to join when you want. But, some people wanted times set up so they know when to look for others. I'll propose some times, and if you have better ideas, please say so.

We seem to have three primary locations (and I know these are broad swaths, so suggest something else if you have a better idea), Europe, North America, and Australia.

North America is easy, we can shoot for mostly Friday afternoon/evening. Say 4 pm ET on?

Europe is next easiest. 10 am ET is 4 pm in Rome, 3 pm in London. Thereabouts seems like a good starting time for them, and joinable for some in North America as well.

Now for Australia. Err⦠10 am ET is midnight in Sydney & Melbourne. So 4 pm down there is 2 am here. No wonder I never see you guys.

Let me know what you think.

P.S. to dB: If you'd rather we use the MP Zoom account for any reason, let me know. I can change this post with the info.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. to dB: If you'd rather we use the MP Zoom account for any reason, let me know. I can change this post with the info.

Makes no difference to me. MPN Zoom account is there as a resource if we need it. I'm all about ease of operation...and as long as Sam's room is open, I figure why not stick with what we know.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Has this always been up in the Grey Zone of threads??

I went to see if it was gonna happen and scrolled through pages before looking up here. I've got other Zooms tomorrow bat still would like to drop in if it's on.

I went to see if it was gonna happen and scrolled through pages before looking up here. I've got other Zooms tomorrow bat still would like to drop in if it's on.

Yeah, I almost missed it. My eyes tend to fly right past the top (rules, who needs 'em!) to the unread threads.

I'd love to join, I was actually just thinking of proposing another hang as my schedule has lightened up a little in the last few days. All the better to raise a toast to Jimmy.

That was an experiment on my part. I hoped the unread status of the thread would make it consistently visible to people, and having it be sticky would keep it from falling down the list. OTOH, there's the fact that most of us are somewhat conditioned to skip the sticky threads. :idk:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I ended up spending all afternoon and most of the evening on conference calls and Zooms. By the time I got loose, no one was hangin'

Anyone planning to drop in today?

I might a bit later today. I have some work to do so I would have to drop in in between work sessions. I'm incapable of doing both at the same time. :)

If people want, you can do it again this Friday (the Zoom room is still open until Sam turns it off). But Friday is my anniversary so I have other plans. :)

I don't know how I had missed this whole thread. Btw in the next few days (Fri-Sat-Sun) I will have a trillion things to do, but not a precise schedule except lessons on Friday afternoon. So I let the majority decide a time zone, and I'll try to partecipate and annoy everybody at some point.