Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Editing Yamaha MX/ Motif acoustic piano

OK.....

I am always buying behind the curve. Anyway...I picked up a Yamaha MX 49 about a week ago. I intended to use it as a sound module mainly to get some additional EPs for use with a lightweight controller in case II ever gig again.

I like the motif pianos except for one thing....

To me there has always been plunkiness on C5 and C sharp 5.

Have any of you Motif or MX users noticed this? it's been an issue with Yamaha samples for many years.

This MX 49 came without a manual and in typical Yamaha fashion the manual is challenging.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LX88, I had some alternative piano Voices for my S90 XS several years ago; they were edited partial-combinations that attempted to tone down some of the tonal inconsistencies in the pianos. They were set up as a sort-of mock S700 Voices (from the ES library). I do have those loaded in my MODX, so I'll check both those and the stock, Motif pianos for that plunkiness you described. If I find Voices whose Partial combinations at least diminish - if not eliminate - the problem, I'll send notes on the Voice partial choices and levels to you. With a software editor you should be able to recreate them in the MX.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!