Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The GM got the coach fired. I kind of feel bad for the coach but the GM had it coming.

CEB, this is f'n hilarious. :laugh:

Those who know the Texans GM/HC relationship will "get it". :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

As the QB carousel turns, WFT QB Dewayne Haskins has been benched and relegated to 3rd string. Kyle Allen will be starting with Alex Smith backing him up.

I knew Haskins was on probation when Allen was brought here from Carolina. Head coach Rivera and Offensive Coordinator Scott Turner are more comfortable with Allen because he knows the system they want to run.

I had already seen enough between last season and the first four (4) games of this season to know Haskins doesn't have "it" as an NFL QB. I think it's unfortunate that he was a first round draft pick with such a limited body of work at Ohio State.

Maybe Haskins can become a decent QB over time. I don't believe it will happen in DC. I hope WFT can get something in trade for him. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Last night, I watched the Alabama/Ole Miss game. Very little defense played in that high scoring affair and several other games.

Today, it looks like the NFL has picked up the same memo. Lot of points being scored in the first half of the games.

I realize casual football fans enjoy high-powered offensive scoring plays. The league think it's more exciting and generates more revenue.

Real football fans know solid defense and special teams can be just as fun to watch.

Hope my WFT can keep the Rams from scoring 50 points. :rolleyes::laugh::cool:

PD

Yikes! That looked like a Joe Thiesman moment.

Dak's injury looked pretty bad when it happened. Almost reminded me of Mahomes' injury last season.

Alex Smith's injury in 2018 looked closer to a Theismann. Watching Smith play today was an exercise in cringe every time he dropped back to pass.

While we know these things can happen during the game, it doesn't make it easier to accept and we still feel bad for the injured. Rough sport but I still enjoy watching it. :cool:

PD

Yeah, that was tough. I hope Dak heals well and is back next season.

Alex went through hell to get back. I wish him the best.

In the meantime, more firings...

Atlanta Falcons fire coach Dan Quinn, GM Thomas Dimitroff after 0-5 start

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Sunday's cross state rivalry between the Steelers and the Eagles was a VERY interesting football game. Most of the Pittsburgh Sports writers were predicting the Eagles had no chance, too many injuries. The high level of competition in that league was on display all afternoon, as the Eagles played 'the next man up" and they came storming back after they got behind. The Eagles had an opportunity to win the game as time was winding down, but their FG attempt from 57 yards went wide right, a valiant comeback. Ben Rothlesburger hit rookie Claypool who was wide open in the middle of the field who scored his 4th TD of the day to ice the game.. Amazing. No other Steeler receiver ever scored 4 TD's in their rookie season. Pittsburgh Defense looked pretty lame. They got torched by the Eagles big time.The Defense has to pick it up or the Steelers will lose some games soon. The Ravens and the Titans are coming up shortly, and both games are away.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Mapletron not taking very long to establish himself. :cool:

Big Ben was asked how Claypool caught on so fast. Ben said "He's smart" He can give him a node and he knows what to do. Ben also said that he has some God given abilities. He's 6'4" 235 pounds, built like a Tight End with the speed of a wide receiver. I'd say he has graduated from Special Teams. The Steelers can't afford to have him get injured. He can break a game wide open, which is what he did against the Eagles.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Iggles...They may not have to...they're 1-3-1...and in 1st place! :pop:

The NFC East is so pathetic I wouldn't be surprised if a team makes the playoffs with a 5-11 record. :laugh:

WRs Claypool and Metcalf are two examples of real talent and a scouting department earning their money.

That's why I have a harder time with teams putting sub-par players on the field at any position.

Caae in point, there's no reason for the WFT O-line to be the weakest link of the team. It cannot be that hard to find 300 lb men capable of blocking. Some are benchwarmers for other teams.

Some team scouting departments either aren't worth the chalkboard they carry or the money they're getting paid. :laugh:

At any rate, that's why I'm glad to be a football fan in general. I get to enjoy all games especially when teams are well balanced in all phases. :cool:

PD

The Pittsburgh Steelers used their second-round pick (49th overall) on Chase Claypool in the 2020 draft. Claypool was coveted more for his elite physical tools than his college production (only 64.5 receiving yards per game in his final two seasons). What Chase can contribute came as something of a surprise and came to light when our Defense was trying to cover him in Practice. Corner Back Joe Haden told the coaching staff that Claypool was going to be 'Something special'. He was willing to play on special teams to get on the field, but got an opportunity at WR when Johnson was out with injuries. Claypool stepped up and left the staff smiling as he became the difference in the Steelers-Eagles game. Roghlesburger was very complimentary of Chase, and gave him a 4 star review in the press conference after the game. Ben said Chase has 'God Given Talent'. He has size, speed, is highly intelligent, and catches on quickly. After the lousy season the Steelers had last year, we are very happy to have another weapon for opposing Defenses to cover.

The most exciting game today so far was the Titans vs the Texans. I thought the Titans would make short work of the Texans, but despite the fact that the Titans have the better team, Watson made some great throws and led during the second half. Tannehill is very much improved for the Titans this year, but he threw a PICK late in the 4th quarter that could have spelled DOOM. The Titans managed to tie the game and won in overtime. What a GREAT game. The Titans RB Henry is a force to be reckoned with, he made the difference. Hie had one long run in the 4th quarter that was the length of the field to score a TD and ran for another TD in OT to seal the win. WHAT a game. The only negative is their FG kicker may be out of a job.

The Steelers-Browns game was over after the first 5 minutes of the 1st quarter as the Steelers led 17 zip at that point. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, the Browns QB could hardly pick himself up off the ground. It was a beat down. The Browns are not ready for Prime Time.

The last I looked, the Bucs were beating Green Bay 31-10. Say what?

The last I looked, the Bucs were beating Green Bay 31-10. Say what?

The Packers were up 10-0 when Aaron Rodgers threw two interceptions almost back-to-back. The first was a pick six; and the second was almost a pick six, returned nearly to the Packers' goal line. (Those were Rodgers's first interceptions of the season, by the way.)

From there, Tampa Bay scored an easy second touchdown. Suddenly up 14-10, the Bucs rode their momentum the rest of the way.

Billed as the "Battle of the GOAT vs BOAT," the story today was Tampa Bay's defense. Down 38-10 halfway through the fourth quarter, Green Bay benched Rodgers; and the Buccaneers responded by benching Tom Brady. The Packers decided to cut their losses and make sure Rodgers stays healthy to fight another day. They're not even using their timeouts as the clock runs down.

I just hope the Dodgers fare better tonight in the NLCS Game 7.

Best,

Geoff

Geoff

I watched the highlights of the Packer-Bucs game. In addition to the interceptions, Brady had both of his primary receivers back in the line up, GRONK caught some passes and scored a TD. Once the ball starts rolling down hill, it won't stop until it HITS someone.

Next week the Steelers are playing the Titans. If they don't find a way to STOP HENRY, the Steelers are in for a long day. The Titans are the team to beat. The Chiefs and the Ravens will have something to say about that..

Yeah, Mike, Brady to Gronk is hard to beat, even today.

I'd bet that Meccajay is happy about the Titans. I know I am, and they're only my fifth favorite team.

The Steelers look every bit as tough, though. It's should be a great game. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

I just hope the Dodgers fare better tonight in the NLCS Game 7.

...And they did! The Dodgers are National League champions! YES!!!

I may love football better than baseball; but if I had to pick one game to go right today, it would have been this!

Anyway, we have a thread for MLB. Back to the NFL...

Best,

Geoff

Yeah, Mike, Brady to Gronk is hard to beat, even today.

I'd bet that Meccajay is happy about the Titans. I know I am, and they're only my fifth favorite team.

The Steelers look every bit as tough, though. It's should be a great game. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

If I was still betting football games, I would bet the Titans beat Pittsburgh on Sunday. I didn't check the Vegas Line yet, but I'd take the Titans by 10 points. Why? As a Team, the Titans have been playing together as a team longer than the Steelers. Pittsburgh has a number of new players, and Ben is not back to his old standard, yet. The Titans Tannehill is playing great, not turning the ball over, and Henry can't be stopped. The Titans have been playing with a lot of back ups, and they are winning anyway. In addition, the Steelers lost LB Devin Bush for the season. He was the critical player in the Steelers Defense that was mission critical to stop the run, He's out for the season. Give up the points and take the Titans.

In other news .... Todd Gurley scores the first losing touchdown in league history. The Falcons are cursed.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

It's a good thing you're not betting against the Steelers, Mike. Congrats on their victory today. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Super Bowl again.

The Packers got back to their winning ways again today; and on top of that, Fox used my music again in their game against the Texans so I'm very happy!

(And I'm even happier because the Dodgers are now one game away from winning the World Series.)

Best,

Geoff

The outcome of the Steelers-Titans game turned out to be a nail biter. One of the callers on Steelersnation after game program said the Steelers won the first half, and the Titans won the second half. The Steelers playing great in the first half, but tried to sit on their lead the second half by running the ball and burning the clock, it didn't work. Big Ben forced some throws that were not open, the ball bounced up in the air, and ended up in the hands of Titan Players. The Titan's FG kicker missed as the game was winding down. NONE of us Steelers fans wanted to go into over time. The Steelers Defense was getting tired. If the Titans won the coin flip going into OT they very well could have won the game. The Steelers were very fortunate to escape with a win.

My hats off to theTitans team, and Coach Vrabel. they are a better team than they were last season when they went to the AFC Championship game. I wouldn't want to see them again in the playoffs.

In other news, Washington BEAT DALLAS! My congrats to PROFD who is an avid NFL Fan. :)

The outcome of the Steelers-Titans game turned out to be a nail biter.

In other news, Washington BEAT DALLAS! My congrats to PROFD who is an avid NFL Fan. :)

Thanks brotha Mike. Congrats to your Steelers going to 6-0. :thu:

As most WFT fans know, beating the Cowbums is the highlight of our season. :laugh::cool:

PD

It looks like the Vegas Line is giving Pittsburgh 3.5 points. According to Colin Cowherd, Baltimore doesn't match up with the Steelers all that well. Hmm, Colin has been known to be wrong. I bet I'm wrong more often than Colin. Apparently Jackson has not been passing all that well this season, he's been throwing side arm. However, he can still make the plays and is FAST. I can only hope for another great game.

And Geoff, there are reasons I don't waste money on betting, I'm usually WRONG, and have less money on Monday. :bor:

Cheers!

Mike T.