Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ELP's "Trilogy" - No Rehearsal

For the last three years, I've spent Columbus Day weekend (?) in New Jersey (??) at ProgStock, a festival with lots of great progressive rock artists (Julie Slick & Echotest; Glass Hammer; Eddi Jobson; Circuline; IQ; Saga; etc). This year, of course, it didn't happen (aside from a few virtual concerts). But I was reminded of one of last year's events - "Last Call Live". Festival attendees signed up a few months in advance to suggest classic prog songs and to perform them with other fans. Most of these were done with little or no rehearsal. I did play guitar on Genesis' "Abacab", where I got together with the keyboard player & bassist once before, as they don't live too too far from me. Procol Harum's "A Salty Dog" was another guitar song for me, with absolutely no rehearsal (just a couple of messages confirming the key and which recording/arrangement).

Then there was this one. "Trilogy" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer. A challenging enough song, then add to it that Rachel Flowers was playing keys on it. She's a prodigy; ultimately, she could do all the parts without me and still sound amazing. Yes, I was slightly intimidated. But doing all of this with absolutely no rehearsal... a challenge. Fortunately, everyone was great, and the drummer, George Hoffman, was amazing and I locked in with him well.

So, here it is, no rehearsals, off the cuff. Hope you enjoy it.

Late Night Live - ELP Trilogy

Ah, and if you have the time, someone posted the whole Last Call Live event. Some great Yes, UK, Rush and Kansas covers. Abacab & Salty Dog are near the middle (48 minutes) ; ELP is near the end (1hr 26min).

[video:youtube]

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Dan, the Facebook link you posted dosen't let me in. Would love to hear it

"This Content Isn't Available Right Now

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."

:nopity:

hey Dan, the Facebook link you posted dosen't let me in. Would love to hear it

"This Content Isn't Available Right Now

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."

Try the YouTube link for the whole event. Rachel is scattered across this, playing keys & guitar on some Yes, King Crimson & Pink Floyd tunes.

[video:youtube]

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band