Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Amazon Music library; free Music for your old Kindle

I'm not a big fan of Amazon, in general, but if you've got a Kindle lying around that you haven't looked at in a while, this is worth checking out.

More than a few years back, my wife got me a Kindle Fire, mostly so I could download books. It functions as a sort-of Tablet, as well, though not as full-featured as an iPad, for example; there is internet access, at least. Lately, with my Mac acting like it wants to die, I'd pulled out my old Kindle, and discovered something new, or new to me, at least.

Amazon now has a feature called Amazon Music, with IDK how many albums, artists and songs available online, for free listening. It's their answer to services like Apple Music & Spotify. There's also the ability to add albums, or songs, to your online library; you can't really download them and transfer them to another device, so far as I can tell, but they're available to you anytime through your Kindle.

There's a lot of obscure material; The Mighty Groundhogs, Mission UK, Alien Sex Fiend, Soft Machine, Clan of Xymox, and yes, I'm mainly looking for that sort of thing. Of course, there's a lot of mainstream material, as well. No matter what you listen to, there's probably something here you've been looking for.

Of course there's a catch. While almost everything I went looking for was available for free, some albums, or some songs, were "greyed out", so I could neither listen to nor add them; clicking on one of those songs brings up a window inviting you to upgrade your Amazon Music account. Thanks, but I don't think so . . . as it is, I've been able to collect nearly 300 tunes from artists I enjoy, and some albums that have long been out of print. It's nice to be able to sit in my backyard in the afternoons, while listening to, or looking for, some old favorites.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic