Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
What you think about this?

as we see playing guitar as a form of mindful escapism, a way to create space between an individual and their busy mind. Guitar-playing is beneficial to your overall well-being and mental health in other ways, too, including helping you develop a greater sense of personal achievement.

1 member likes this: Larryz
GP Island
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
It is fantastic exercise for one's memory and dexterity, physical benefits.
One can be lifted away by the music and inspired to connect with others in an abstract creative group endeavor, spiritual benefits.

One can even think about it. I try not to think (in verbal terms - words and defined ideas) when I am playing.

I've met lots of wonderful and talented people sharing music, social benefits.

I love it!!!!!

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
And welcome Gustavo, this is a good place.

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
10k Club
10k Club
The guitar can provide mental challenges as we strive to learn more and improve. It can also provide a heathy mental escape from the world around us. It's much like martial arts practice and/or playing a game of chess. For an hour or so you concentrate on the game and/or your skills. When you are done you realize all the worlds problems that were bugging you were ignored and that you tuned them out. Works for any sport and/or a good book, movie, guitar, other instrument, etc. You have escaped from the world and cleared your mind while adding to your knowledge and physical attributes through concentration. You became a little better guitar player during your practice and then you can take it out and play it for someone...or just lock yourself in a room and play for your own enjoyment. cool

Take care, Larryz
S
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
I think the benefits of music are well-established, even for a purely passive listener.
For those fortunate to be able to create music it's even better. I wouldn't shout this in a record store if I had
a CD out, but actively producing something creative is far more powerful than just consuming it. Creating something is
more engaging and better for staying sane.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
guitar is good for your mental health

It is excellent for my mental health. I play it almost every day for my own amusement. I like it.......

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Passion is a nice thing to have in life.

G
OP Offline
G
β€˜It's indescribable how listening to a song can change everything. It's said that a powerful enough song can even change your life. Music can even teach what humanity cannot always – how to be human, live, feel and love. I'd recommend to anyone that if things aren't going right, and you don't know what to do, just turn up some good music, and tune out for a few minutes before you attempt to figure everything out again.’

Link Copied to Clipboard