Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone Here familiar with Ctrlr? SysEx?

Dan helped me a lot before.

I've downloaded Ctrlr and figured out with the help of a forumite there how to build a basic panel that will transmit SysEx messages to my Roland FA - which did not come with any kind of editor.

I've gotten almost all of the elements of the SN-S Partial 1 to work and that's a pretty good accomplishment if I can't get anything else.

But I have a few SysEx questions, and if anyone's familiar with Ctrlr info on that would be helpful too.

TIA

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help except to alert you to their forum, in case you haven't been there already. About a year & a half ago I registered to ask a Q regarding a panel I was trying to set up. My issue was solved â it turned out to be a parameter presented to me in the editor with only "true" and "false" values that in reality could be programmed with different integer values â and that was NOT mentioned in any documentation. It had me stumped for a long time until someone in the forum answered my Q and set me straight. So if you haven't been there, I would recommend it.

https://ctrlr.org/forums/forum/general/

Good luck. I never finished my panel, which was an attempt to recreate the controls on my Roland A800 controller. I wanted to be able to mess with my Bidule setup in a hotel room when my A800 wasn't handy. Turns out I really didn't need that.

Ahhh jeez I just re-read your post where you say you "figured out with the help of a forumite there" so I guess you already tried that forum. Sorry, my reading comprehension skills seem to have taken a hit recently.

I wish I could help but my experience making a panel was limited to sending only CC and PC commands. No sysex.