Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new favorite band.

surfergirl

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been an admirer of Derek Trucks since long before the Tedeschi Trucks Band began. And that admiration for Derek Trucks carried over to the Tedeschi Trucks Band as well. Derek Trucks is one awesome player, very lyrical and to me one of the best slide players of all time.

As for the song I have been listening to that one since May 1962 when it was released as done by Sam Cooke who wrote it (I was 19 almost 20 years old when it came out)(long time ago). I like both versions truthfully.

Of course I like the version as done by the Tedeschi Trucks Band, but the older version has some value to me as well in remembering those days.

Jenny, welcome to the club. TTB has become my new favorite band as of 2018. I saw them twice in DC this past February just before everything shut down due to the pandemic. They were the last band I saw live this year. I have watched many, many concerts of theirs on YouTube, mostly via Nugs.net. If you want any particular suggestions, please send me a PM.

and yes, Sharon Jones RIP

:nopity:

Love this. I've heard the song before but it never grabbed my like this version.

This is the version I liked when I bought my 1st Animals album back around '65 Surfer Girl! Derek Trucks has always been one of my favorite slide players who plays as a real gentleman and I love their band with his wife Susan Tedeschi singing lead:

[video:youtube]

Surf's up! :2thu:

Take care, Larryz

Love this. I've heard the song before but it never grabbed my like this version.

Love them!! I was fortunate enough to catch the Derek Trucks Band years ago- the smaller, even more Rockin' group that was essentially integrated into the larger Tedeschi Trucks Band.

I briefly met Susan Tedeschi in passing many years ago, and she was very nice, friendly, down to earth, and seemed a pleasantly surprised when I mentioned that I'd read about her in Guitar Player magazine before. I also ran into Derek Trucks and the entire Derek Trucks Band outside a music store down the street from where they were playing the time I caught them- also nice, friendly, down to earth people, who were grateful that I didn't take up their time when they were on their way to the venue, though they clearly were about to make a point of stopping and talking with me when it was obvious that I recognized them. The concert later was fantastic. Derek is one of my very favorite guitar players, and that whole group was firing on all pistons, and then some. Mike Mattison is a truly gifted vocalist. Kofi Burbridge would've been worth the price of admission even if he had been the only one on the stage.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _