Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rick Wakeman synth auction

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says they've been in storage and will require service. Factor possible/probable repairs into your pricing computations.

As much as I love Rick Wakeman, I'm going to sit this one out.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Deep respect for Rick.

A few of the boards probably have significant value but most are a pile of crap.

What would you even do with most of those?? Nope.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

So would you actually play any of these or do you mount them on the wall and insure them to the last jack? Well, a C3 would make a terrible wall ornament, but the Collectoritis factor feels high. Of course, everything will eventually go. :keys::D

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Don't get me wrong, if I won the lottery I might consider going for the Model D or something, just so I could touch something that Wakeman had touched. Maybe some of his DNA would infiltrate my fingers and I'd magically become a better player...or at least I could imagine that I was a better player. Or something.

But I haven't won the lottery, so all the goodies will go to Silicon Valley bajillionaires or actual lottery winners.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Don't get me wrong, if I won the lottery I might consider going for the Model D or something, just so I could touch something that Wakeman had touched.
Considering RW owns something like nine Minimoogs, I imagine this one was the runt of the litter...

C'mon, Rick's keytar for $3700 ? Throw in a cape and you've got hours of fun ahead.

Doesn"t look like capes are included. :)

Even if one was, and if I could afford the keytar, as he"s about 6" 3' and I"m definitely not, it might be a bit of a 'trip hazard' perhaps!

Maybe he could make a few extra quid by endorsing a range of 'Rick Wakeman Approved Capes' for those they might appeal to, :)

I never understood the whole collectible thing ... just because someone else owned it first. There are pieces I would pay a premium for but it"s for the gear itself ... like Roger"s chopped mini moog. It"s killer. I like it"s form factor and sound.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Ridiculous asking prices.

I"ve sold stuff that belonged to a keys player in a worldwide successful band of the 80"s, and not once did I mention who it was previously owned by to somehow get over the odds of what they were worth.

It all comes across as 'naff"

He"s not in the midst of another divorce again is he?

Wow....$4909.00 CAD for a Korg DW-8000??? Someone's been smoking crack.

If they moved that decimal point to the left by one digit, it would still be a stretch @ $490.00.

I picked up a very good condition EX-8000 (rack mount version) for $100.00 to replace the DW-8000 I sold recently.

https://reverb.com/item/36220329-yamaha-emt-1-emt-sound-expander-modules-owned-and-used-by-rick-wakeman-of-yes-1990-black

I think I got $30 for mine 20 years ago. Damn, I should have let Rick Wakeman borrow them before I put them up for sale. :laugh:

CP4 - Solaris - Kurzweil Forte - Minimoog -

- Mellotron M4000Dm - Motif rackXS - DX5 - SY99 - Rhodes 73 - HX3 - Hammond B3/2x147 - Montage7