Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

We've lost another brother...

Oh no! I'll miss him. RIP Jimmy.

Dang, this pandemic taking too many. My cousin just got out of the hospital from Covid. 2 months on a ventilator. He's at a rehabilitation center. Has some memory lapses, but will recover. Thank God.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy was one of the main reasons I selected Durham as my next place to live after leaving the metro Detroit area. I got to know him quite well, jammed with him a few times, and had a blast every time. Jimmy was a great guy, and a great friend as well. He will be missed by many many people.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I had the good fortune of having Jimmy stay over here twice. Once for a MAKCFH and once when we went to see Kevin Anker play in Annapolis. My son got to join us for that one and he too enjoyed Jimmy's company and good hearted nature.

Damn, I cant figure out how to cry on a forum. I'll leave it at that.

Shit. I think he popped in (prompted by Tom/ITGITC) one of our first Virtual KCFHs, maybe the very first one. That was the only time I got to interact with him in real time, but I've known him online for years, just like many of you did. I'm really bummed about this news. :(

Please stay safe out there, my friends.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Brotha Jimmy aka BluesKeys or BK as I would call him had a wonderful personality and absolutely loved music. I also had the fortune of meeting and hanging out with him in person.

BK and I would exchange PMs and talk on the phone about his band and recording projects. He loved to talk and laugh. I think he really enjoyed my counsel regarding women too. :laugh:

There's no doubt in my mind that BK will be hanging out in the musicians lounge looking forward to his turn to play and sing with those he admired. RIP brotha Jimmy. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Like many others, I only knew him through the forum. But he was one of those cats who put his life out there in his posts, so impossible not to feel a sense of loss at this.

We -- and especially the pros on this forum who can't just sit this out -- work in an extremely high risk environment. In memory of the Jimmy Weavers of the world, let us resolve to keep music alive.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I"m so sorry to hear this news. I always enjoyed Jimmy"s presence on this forum, and I had the great pleasure of meeting him in person at a couple of Mid-Atlantic KC Forum Hangs several years back. Such a big personality, and a helluva keyboard player (and singer).

RIP Blueskeys.

Fly high, Brother Jimmy. I got the news last Saturday between our soundcheck and show, and it was like a kick in the gut. I made it through the show, but my head was definitely not in the game. Your talent and sense of humor will surely be missed around here.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Very sad news... I only knew Jimmy from comment threads here at KC but I enjoyed his wit and benefitted from his knowledge.

Ironically enough, a few weeks ago, when I was trying to learn to sing and play "A Song for You", I stumbled on Jimmy's live video cover of it and was blown away. He was a top shelf player and singer who will be sorely missed by his fans and fellow musicians.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

My wife and I met Jimmy for an Embers Outdoor Concert in the downtown waterfront park in New Bern, NC a good while back. Really nice guy. RIP.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim