Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

We've lost another brother...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very sad news. It seems like I was just watching him play live on Facebook.

Memory Eternal

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

When I looked it up, I thought at first it was former Oregon Congressman Jim Weaver who died a couple of days ago at Age 93. I didn't see any musician obits.

A forum member? Quick Facebook search shows a Jimmy Weaver who played with Steve Owens & Summertime, with many posting remembrances and videos.

UPDATE: Oh, how sad, I see from Geoff's later post that his forum name was BluesKeys. I didn't know his real name, so didn't draw the connection. Such a loss.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

When I looked it up, I thought at first it was former Oregon Congressman Jim Weaver who died a couple of days ago at Age 93. I didn't see any musician obits.

A forum member? Quick Facebook search shows a Jimmy Weaver who played with Steve Owens & Summertime, with many posting remembrances and videos.

Blueskeys. (I"ll go back and validate the spelling)

PS - yes. Jimmy"s handle was. BluesKeys

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Very sad news. I never met him in person, but we chatted a bit via PM over the years. He projected a good vibe and was always very nice to me when I asked him questions. Glad I was able to help him get his GEM RP-X some time ago, I hope he had tons of enjoyment playing it. RIP Brother BluesKeys, your spirit will be greatly missed.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

BluesKeys' second to last post, on 9/30, mentioned he had played a show the previous weekend which was supposed to be outside but got moved inside due to rain.

I don't know if the indoor gig impacted him, but whether it did or not, this is a scenario that could happen to any of us, and something for each of us to be on the watch for.

RIP BluesKeys.

Wow, this is awful news. I never met Jimmy in-person, but we exchanged comments on many shared threads. I greatly enjoyed his music; guy was a monster keys player and singer.

RIP, Jimmy!

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

BluesKeys' second to last post, on 9/30, mentioned he had played a show the previous weekend which was supposed to be outside but got moved inside due to rain.

I don't know if the indoor gig impacted him, but whether it did or not, this is a scenario that could happen to any of us, and something for each of us to be on the watch for.

I can't sleep thinking about this

:nopity:

RIP BluesKeys.

That is absolutely awful.

I haven't gigged since March, and hearing things like this--and I realize he may not have gotten covid from his gig--just make me more resolved to stay the course. It sucks, it really does, but I'm fortunate to not be reliant on gigging to pay the bills.

There is no evidence that this scourge is going to go away any time soon. We all might want it, but the grim fact is that we are very likely in this for a long haul. Stay safe. If anything gets me it'll be my kids most likely, it's almost impossible to keep teenagers shuttered away (and my youngest is not faring well at all mentally during all this.)