Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I did a thing too

I bought a keytar (Alesis wireless 2).... (Please Escaperocks stand by me when the angry keyboard players mob tries to lynch me..)

I was never a fan of Keytars particular, but due to Covid we have to try some new things for the few shows we can do. As all the audience will be sitting, we want te show to be a bit more dynamic. Playing from different places in the room etc. A Keytar can hopefully add to that. We'll see.

I have to say, for the money, it plays quite ok. The action is better than that of my Nord A1. I ordered a CME WIDI master to play wireless. Let's see how this turns out.

1481.thumb.jpg.05443eecbad781a9a599ea01a27141fe.jpg

Rudy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you put up a video of my town's most famous keyboardist. (He really could play and sing quite well.)

Don't fret Tom. Being number 2 is still pretty impressive.

Btw congrats Rudy. I don't really have anything against keytars. But if you look like me playing one we need to talk. :freak::wave:

Keytars rule.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I bought a keytar (Alesis wireless 2).... (Please Escaperocks stand by me when the angry keyboard players mob tries to lynch me..)

I was never a fan of Keytars particular, but due to Covid we have to try some new things for the few shows we can do. As all the audience will be sitting, we want te show to be a bit more dynamic. Playing from different places in the room etc. A Keytar can hopefully add to that. We'll see.

I have to say, for the money, it plays quite ok. The action is better than that of my Nord A1. I ordered a CME WIDI master to play wireless. Let's see how this turns out.

Very nice! One tip: if you find odd things happening while playing, turn off the accelerometer. It take s a bit to calibrate and get a feel for it if you use gestures to bend notes. It is a cool feature.

I assume you ordered the CME WIDI so you can control your hardware boards? The built in wireless and dongle with the Vortex is pretty good when I use it with my computer.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

It also works nicely with the PC4, just connect the dongle to the USB thumbdrive port and it works with no other setup needed - nice! I assume it's the Vortex 2 the OP has bought?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

It also works nicely with the PC4, just connect the dongle to the USB thumbdrive port and it works with no other setup needed - nice!
Really? Is the dongle acting as a USB-MIDI device? Can the PC4 act as a USB host for MIDI devices?

Cheers, Mike.

I assume you ordered the CME WIDI so you can control your

hardware boards? The built in wireless and dongle with the Vortex is pretty good when I use it with my computer.

Yeah, I will control my A1 and my Micromonsta with it.

Thanks for the the reaction guys!

Mark, I would love to have some video of you shredding a keytar!

Rudy