Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Scifi fictional starships 3d

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with ginormous ships is the resources required to build them. Some of those larger ships would require multiple planets-worth of metal to build. The only efficient way to go at such a thing would be to become a predator--snarfing up smaller ships and smelting them down. That way other people's planets would be gutted...not yours. On the other hand, that's a kinda warlike posture to take towards other races. Not the sort of folks you'd want to invite to your block party.

Still...pretty cool video. Wonder where he got the dimensions and images.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

My problem with ginormous ships is the resources required to build them. Some of those larger ships would require multiple planets-worth of metal to build. The only efficient way to go at such a thing would be to become a predator--snarfing up smaller ships and smelting them down. That way other people's planets would be gutted...not yours.

Grey

Yeah, that's one of the reasons the evil Empire is called "evil" in Star Wars.

If I recall correctly, Ringworld (which is at the high end of this video) was roughly equal to the mass of the contents of our solar sytsem, excluding the sun, of course. Google it's dimensions and you'll see how those materials were used.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

That animator did a great job - what a lot of work! Missed one of the better Stargate ships though...the BC-304, aka Daedalus class.

Daedalus2.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

These spacecraft always have such high ceilings though, don"t they? Could save some money there.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.