Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kronos - Patch fails to select first time

I tried this over on the Korg forum and got zero response, so I'll try here among the supreme beings :cool:

Recently I have had an experience where I select a patch in Setlist mode - the patch is selected but no sound is emitted.

If I reselect the patch it sounds.

Any thoughts?

I've tried deleting and reselecting the "slot" but the problem remains - it's with certain internal sounds

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried this over on the Korg forum and got zero response, so I'll try here among the supreme beings :cool:

Recently I have had an experience where I select a patch in Setlist mode - the patch is selected but no sound is emitted.

Any thoughts?

I've tried deleting and reselecting the "slot" but the problem remains - it's with certain internal sounds

how complex is the ' program ' or ' combi ' ?

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Are you selecting the patch manually or are you sending the Kronos a program change? If the latter, there could be stray CC7/11 messages messing with your setup.... or if you have a combi with a sound on the same channel as your global channel, the prgrm chng could call up a wrong (or blank) sound.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

It wouldn't be that. If the samples are not loaded, reselecting the patch over and over won't force them to be loaded.

I don't have a quick answer for the OP... Is it always the same sound? Which one is it? Factory or your own?

After selecting it, and it isn't sounding, can you go to the proper Mode it comes from (Program or Combi) and then does it sound, or is it still silent?

If you select a Setlist Slot and it doesn't sound, and you go to another Setlist Slot and then back, it always will work?

Any other characteristics you can share?

Jerry

Any thoughts?

how complex is the ' program ' or ' combi ' ?

These are internal sounds with a couple of effects, not complex at all.

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

It wouldn't be that. If the samples are not loaded, reselecting the patch over and over won't force them to be loaded.

I don't have a quick answer for the OP... Is it always the same sound? Which one is it? Factory or your own?

After selecting it, and it isn't sounding, can you go to the proper Mode it comes from (Program or Combi) and then does it sound, or is it still silent?

If you select a Setlist Slot and it doesn't sound, and you go to another Setlist Slot and then back, it always will work?

Any other characteristics you can share?

Jerry

I'll check...........but this is correct " If you select a Setlist Slot and it doesn't sound, and you go to another Setlist Slot and then back, it always will work?"