Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar MJU won't control Yamaha Reface DX Synth

This will be a bit complicated. I have a Crumar Mojo 61 two manual (keyboard) organ/piano. (crumar.it) I am using the Crumar's https://www.gmlab.it/ MJU Arduino device as a midi power source for the lower manual to try to control the Reface DX.

I am using the DX's breakout cable as it states in the manual,( the midi IN to the MJU midi OUT) and the MJU midi IN connected to the midi OUT of the Crumar lower manual , the MJU is the midi connection and power source for the Crumar's lower manual, ( it turns the lower manual into a stand alone midi controller).

The Crumar tech sees that I have the MJU connected properly between the lower manual and the Reface DX, but no sound comes forth when I play the lower manual.

So, is there some switch within the Reface DX's controls that will allow it to receive the midi signal from the lower manual via the MJU?

I hope that I am being clear?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my Reface CS, MIDI doesn't work until I enable the "MIDI Control" feature:

Hold down E2 (the lowest E key), while powering ON

Reface Manual, p. 47

But on the DX, the manual indicates that this is accomplished using the FUNCTION button.

I don't have a DX, but maybe all you need to do is get the MIDI feature turned ON, and set to receive on the correct Channel.

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

• 3 years later...

A belated thank  you to Markyboard and Brad Kaenel. I loaned my Reface DX to a buddy about 2 years ago, w/out expectation of it returning. I now have a Kawai MP11SE and have ordered the Hammond M-solo.