Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Grand Piano - MIDI

podmed

Need some guidance....

I just moved into a new home and would like to get a baby grand piano with MIDI capabilities. Price is really not prohibitive, so I'm looking for something that is amazing. I had a Yamaha Clavinova about 10 years ago, and sold it because it became outdated and did not sound that great. I live in a part of the country where the weather changes often - so wanted to stay away from a purely Acoustic Piano. I had a Yamaha Baby Grand a few years ago, and it went out of tune often due to the change in weather.

I have a Nord GrandPiano that I love, but would like the Baby Grand form factor....

Does anyone have any advice to what is available? I see Yamaha has some models, and Roland...

Thanks for the help!

Nord Stage 3-88, Kronos 2-61, DSI OB-6, Roli Seaboards / Blocks, Crumar Seven / Mojo61, iOS apps, Arturia Lab 61...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you want what they are calling a hybrid grand piano.

Digital piano with acoustic action.

Look at Yamaha Avant Grand N3X or Kawai Novus NV10

Alternatively is the Roland V-Piano Grand

If you want an acoustic piano with with MIDI and player piano mechanics look at the Yamaha Disklavier.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I have owned a Roland V-Grand for 6 years and absolutely love it - acoustic pianos sound tame in comparison to what can be done and the variation available
Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI