Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

The Hydrasynth desktop arrived 3 weeks ago, using for poly expansion to 16 notes of ASM goodness. The Iridium finally arrived a couple of days ago after being backordered 5-6 weeks. Layered up they are PFM.

Iqc1wQC.jpg

Manny

People assume timbre is a strict progression of input to harmonics, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timbrally-wimbrally... stuff

Pics or it didn't happen, Joseph.

:D I'll get to it.

Gotten to!

1368.jpg.412332d32397b02f943df9385cfdce49.jpg

1369.jpg.b05beda20e597e26218ddc0b7ea0cdc0.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ken Rich just took temporary possession of my A100 and Leslie. He's gonna clean 'em up and do a few other fun things to them...

this is excellent news :2thu:

Sweet! Tell him I said thanks for the great straddlers. I held off a bit wondering if I could build something myself, but after having these, I can see how mine would not have been as good.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 3 weeks later...
Love my straddlers - they are heavy duty
damn, Pigmeat. That's fn beautiful. :2thu:
Agreed... also, I spy a Sansamp on the clav -- been messing around with that myself. Which model are you using?

Thanks for the nice comments.

It's the Sansamp Para Driver and I only use it with the Rhodes - straight off the harp, then into several effect pedals including the Strymon Flint and Iridium. Works well for recording.

The Hydrasynth desktop arrived 3 weeks ago, using for poly expansion to 16 notes of ASM goodness.
If the desktop is just serving as expansion, any reason you just can't hide it away and control it from the keyboard? The pads maybe?

In the meantime:

XKey37-large.jpg

My latest purchase was a practice board. I went on the Facebook marketplace, and got an Alesis Recital. 88 note semi weighted action. It has built in speakers.

It is very basic, only having 5 sounds. Not something I would ever gig with, but I just have to sit down at it when I feel like playing. It will work as a basic controller board for my DAW.

My other purchase is a Rock-n-roller cart, with the all terrain wheels, and expandable to 52". That way I can get from truck to stage in one trip.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I got the Ken Rich Wurlizer straddlers so I can put my Moog Grandmother on my Wurly 200 and get it off my Hammond bench. :thu:

Thanks for the post, Joe! I hadn't heard of the straddlers before, but I just got a set to stack my Mojo 61 on my Wurly.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

• 4 weeks later...

Neat Worker Bees (2 of them). One arrived this morning, the other will show up tomorrow. Will test this one tonight, it's from Sweetwater so no worries.

Brand new they are $89.99 each. My first pair of microphones, hopefully they sound pretty close

I've got a heavy stand and stereo mic bar already.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I recently acquired a matched pair of Roswell Pro Audio Mini K47s and I'm experimenting with placing them for acoustic piano recording. Right now I have them on one stand on one mic bar. It's somewhat limiting but not too bad so far. The biggest issue I'm having is that I'm hearing a lot of action noise from the piano in the recordings. That's not due to the mics, though. When I was playing with other mics I have before this it happened as well. These seem to be getting less of that sound, but it's still there so I'm experimenting with them to see if I can improve the situation.

Yamaha P-200. Always loved it. The speakers do maximum justice to the APs and EPs. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/385433332835059 paid 140.00
Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

Just scored a Crumar Mojo 61B to go with the Mojo 61 I bought earlier this year. I really dig the flexibility of being able to use the Mojo as a single keyboard or add the Mojo 61B when stage space allows for it.

In a few weeks my band is booked to play a venue large enough to accommodate an L-shape setup, so I'll have to post a rig picture in the other thread.

12202657_800.jpg

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Just scored a Crumar Mojo 61B to go with the Mojo 61 I bought earlier this year. I really dig the flexibility of being able to use the Mojo as a single keyboard or add the Mojo 61B when stage space allows for it.

One of the wisest purchases I've ever made. Congrats!

Here for the gear.

just bought a standtastic triple tier stand, I already have the double stand. the best for setting the heights for the keyboards and SOLID as a rock, not like the apex type of stands where I see the keyboards bouncing around.........Larry

...sigh...can't stop the guitar thing... :hider:

Fender Newporter. Acoustic electric with a Strat neck and nice Fishman pickup. Built in tuner as well..

dB

What do you mean by "Stop?"

I don't understand.

You are still working on your First Ten guitars, right? Give it time...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

You are still working on your First Ten guitars, right? Give it time...

Depends on what you call a guitar; :idk:

I have five electrics, three acoustics (four if you include the acoustic Variax) and four basses....so, nine guitars if you don't count the basses, thirteen if you do.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: