Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way OT: Gaff tape gum residue

Hi all,

I had to use some gaffe tape on painted brick work and now there's gummy residue to clean up.

What's the best cleaner for this stuff please?

Stupid Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bricks are well coated so they're non-absorbent, the usual suspects ie: Goo Gone/Goof Off/WD-40 may be too harsh and remove the paint.

I'd try something fairly mild like olive oil to soften the residue, then scrape gently with a soft brush and warm soapy water... but test a non-conspicuous area first!

Here for the gear.

Naptha, aka charcoal lighter fluid. Cheap. Readily available. Leaves minimal residue (once the goo has been cleaned away). I use it all the time in my shop and around the house. Note that it's flammable--by definition--so don't smoke or allow any sparks in the area.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I thought that was why it costs 8x more than duct tape in the first place.

I've been told that Gaffs are much more rare in this world than Ducks are -- and it takes a whole lot of each to make tape,

And that's why Gaff Tape costs so much more than Duck Tape.................

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Krud Kutter is a non-flammable citrus bases cleaner. It has been very effective when I've used it.

I buy and sell guitars and many of them have stickers on them, Krud Kutter is great for removing sticker goo and does not harm any of the finishes I've worked on.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Useless Trivia

Duck Tape is a Trade Name it is not a generic name for sticky wide tape

The correct name for this product is Duct Tape, it was developed as a material to seal the joints of metal Air Conditioning Ducting where two pieces of Duct were joined together by screws or pop rivets the tape was and is applied to form an air tight seal, hence the name Duct Tape and why it has strong adhesive properties.

Col