Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

Giants looked okay. They dropped 16 on that Steelers D and they left points on the field. They might beat the Bears if that Bears defense plays as soft as it did against the Lions.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

â Fox uses my music during the Tampa Bay vs. New Orleans game.

:waitwhat:

Hold on...what? :idk:

dB

I've been lucky that Fox has been using my sports music here and there for over 15 years. I never know when it's going to happen; but a few times per season, I'll be watching a game and suddenlyâhey, that's my music!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

What a great football day it's been so far:

â Packers win

â Fox uses my music during the Rams vs. Eagles game (Especially nice because it was during a segment about my favorite player from my childhood, Deacon Jones.)

â Rams win

So happy for the repeat of last week! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

Congrats, Mike, on the Steelers' victory over the Broncos today. It's great when your team opens 2-0.

Denver had a shot near the end, but a missed blocking assignment proved to be their downfall. I hope they can regroup next week.

Condolences, dB, on the Iggles' 0-2 start. I realize the Rams' victory came at their expense. Like the Broncos, I hope Philadelphia can regroup next week.

Best,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. Denver gave the Steelers all they could handle this afternoon. Keep in mind that Denver lost their starting QB Lock early in the game and their backup played the rest of the game. Denver's Von Miller, their top Defensive player did not play. Denver lost their top two Receivers during the game and were playing former Penn State Receiver KJ Hamler, who had four catches. Denver played hard and did not quit, which demonstrates how competitive the NFL is as a Pro Sport.

There are a few things that concerns me about my Steelers. Their running game is inconsistent. Pittsburgh was 2 for 12 on 3rd down. Lots of penalties, Ben threw a Pick, and the Steelers Defense was sucking wind in the second half. For all the Offensive weapons the Sleelers have, they failed to score over 30 points again this week. With Teams like the Chiefs, who can score anytime, the Ravens that can run up the score, and lets not forget The Titans that can run the ball down your throat, the Steelers are going to have to fix their running game, reduce their penalties, and NOT turn the ball over. Big Ben said he did not play well and he was right. After the game he said his foot work is not in time with his throwing.

In other news, Philly lost again, disappointing. Rumors of Tom Brady being old and washed up should be put to rest. So should Bruce Arians big mouth in front of the Press when he bad mouthed Brady after last week's loss to the Saints.

The Good News is that New England LOST, and Green Bay Won.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

DeAndre Hopkins is having a record-setting season with the 2-0 Cardinals. Meanwhile, his old team is 0-2. :rolleyes:

The former Texans All-Pro wide receiver set an NFL record for the most catches in a player's first two games with a new team with 22 receptions through two games in Arizona.

On Sunday, Hopkins caught eight passes for 69 yards on nine targets and scored his first touchdown since joining the Cardinals. Hopkins caught 14 passes for 151 yards on 16 targets in his debut with the Cardinals in a win over the 49ers.

Through two games, Hopkins has 22 receptions for 219 yards and one touchdown on 25 targets.

Hopkins' chemistry with quarterback Kyle Murray is obvious.

P.S. It seems that Will Fuller is injured again. :facepalm:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well, he threw a few picks; but overall, Brett Rypien (Mark Rypien's nephew) had a good first start at quarterback for the Broncos tonight.

They may be seriously depleted, but at least Denver pulled off their first win of the season against the hapless Jets. :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Oh, and once again, Gregg Williams demonstrated why it was a bad idea for the NFL to let him return. The guy is bad news.

:mad: Never should have happened. :mad:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

More COVID-19:

Sources: New England Patriots QB Cam Newton tests positive for COVID-19

The game against the Kansas City Chiefs has been postponed until early next week. The NFL added that there were 'positive COVID-19 tests on both teams.'

Best,

Geoff

In Fantasy Football, with Cam Newton down, I had to start Matthew Stafford today. Thankfully, he performed well in a losing effort.

The WFT lost to the Ravens as I expected but it wasn't a rout. WFT has a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. They're a young team. They will get better. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

LOL, ProfD! Every time you use that acronym for the Washington Football Team, it takes a second for my mind to unscramble the letters. I'm so used to seeing the "T" before the "F."

I agree, they will get better. In the meantime, at 1-3, they're only a half game out of first! :freak:

Best,

Geoff

So how about the BROWNS? They caught the Cowboys asleep at the wheel in the first half of that game, What a LAME Defensive non-effort. They woke up in the 2nd half, but the Browns managed to put them away,

Its always a good weekend when Dallas LOSES.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Cowbums got a new head coach who inherited the same players. Wack defense. Serviceable offense.

I'm always glad to see the Cowbums lose. Way to go Browns. Falcons should be kicked in the azz for letting comeback.:laugh:

Brotha Geoff, considering the way WFT plays, I'm constantly changing those letters around to WTF as I sit in front of the TV watching one mistake after another.:laugh:

In other news, the Packers are rolling despite being down a marquee WR. Unknown TE catches 3 TDs. AR is a GOAT :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"