Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One of ours is hurting...

mcgoo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry! :( Too many bad things this year. My thoughts/prayers are with you during this time.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ron. Condolences, and at least you know that she passed without months of pain. My father's last few weeks wee under morphine (legal) and still full of pain, he passed of prostate cancer, and in the 80's they didn't catch it in time. I also have experienced prostate cancer, although it seems to have been killed.

Yes, looks like sleeping. My brother's wife passed less than two years ago, I was with him and members of his church at their home when she passed, in fact, I was the one who first found that she had passed. Looked just like an hour earlier, but no longer breathing.

He remembers the years they had together.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

My deepest sympathies, Ron. I can't imagine the pain of losing a life partner.

We met on a gig.

In Ocean Shores Washington. We were playing on a Friday night, and she was the bouncer. She came to the stage and asked if we could turn down. In typical fashion, the guitar player turned up. I spent every break talking with her.

The next night, I basically ignored her, sitting with some locals. Came up to me and told me I was a rude Son of a Bitch, and we were together ever since.

This is one of the best origin stories I've heard. Cherish the memories.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

My deepest sympathies, Ron. I can't imagine the pain of losing a life partner.

We met on a gig.

In Ocean Shores Washington. We were playing on a Friday night, and she was the bouncer. She came to the stage and asked if we could turn down. In typical fashion, the guitar player turned up. I spent every break talking with her.

The next night, I basically ignored her, sitting with some locals. Came up to me and told me I was a rude Son of a Bitch, and we were together ever since.

This is one of the best origin stories I've heard. Cherish the memories.

+100 to that! How many great things happened because someone tripped over just the right moment, or ONTO the right person? Ron, I can sympathize all too easily; I've done the death watch. Part of coming to terms with it was simply accepting that giving that care to someone who was worthy of it completed a vital circuit. Many people have no one at all and are often forgotten to death. You two clearly had the vibrant opposite, which is a lovely coda for a Rude Son of a Bitch. Well done.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

One of the first things that came to mind for me, once the fog lifted, was that I had fulfilled our vows. In sickness and in health, til death do us part.

I told my drummer today that one of the reasons I didn't want to play more was so that I had time to spend with Cheryl.

Well, now I don't have that reason, go ahead and book as much as you can.

The bars open to 50% capacity tomorrow. I might have to go get a beer.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

So sorry to hear this Ron. Our prayers go out to you and the family. I think if we all could should how we'd go it would be in our sleep.

Remember all the love and the memories you both shared. RIP Cheryl.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

What a blessing to have had her for 26 years Ron. It's never long enough, but that's a darn good run.

When my mom passed away many years ago, a friend sent me this poem. I found it comforting, as I hope you might...:

When I am gone release me

Let me go, I have so many things to see and do

You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears

Be happy that we had so many beautiful years

I gave to you my love

You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness

I thank you for the love you each have shown

But now it's time I travel alone

So grieve awhile for me, if grieve you must

Then let your grief be comforted by my trust

It's only for awhile that we must part

So bless the memories within your heart

I won't be far away, for life goes on

So if you need me, call and I will come

Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near

And if you listen within your heart you'll hear

All my love around you soft and clear

And then when you must come this way alone

I'll greet you with a smile and say

"Welcome Home."

I'm late to respond, but I'm very sorry for Ron's loss.

--> May memories of the past comfort you -- today -- and in the future.

About those words in "Death is Nothing At All", by Henry Scott Holland, saying "Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped way..."

Well, my mother chose those words to be read aloud at her service after she "slipped away" 2 years ago...

I'll admit, those words were not too comforting to me back then...

But now, after some TIME has passed...

I just read them again, and I will say I was more comforted now than the first time I'd heard them.

TIME...

MORE TIME...

TIME is key...

We don't know how much we will get -- or when it will all end -- but time does help us who mourn, or those who will mourn for us.

OK, now I need a brew............. And more TIME.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

I want to thank everyone that posted their condolences. The outpouring of support meant a lot to me.

She's been gone for 12 days now. It is getting easier every day to deal with losing her, but it can still be hard sometimes. There is one thing that has really gotten me through it

Music

I bought an Alesis Recital for my office, so that any time I need some musical therapy, I can just sit down and play. This past weekend I played in church, and it felt like some sense of normalcy had returned.

Tomorrow will be strange, as I have a few errands to do delivering death certificates.

One thing she told me repeatedly, especially during the last 6 months, was she wanted me to continue living after she was gone, and not lock myself up and become a recluse.

Cheryl, I am honoring that wish, and by doing so, honoring you.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

...she wanted me to continue living after she was gone, and not lock myself up and become a recluse.

Cheryl, I am honoring that wish, and by doing so, honoring you.

Wow... Amen to that.

At the 1-year anniversary of my Mom's passing, I sent a video of a piano piece I'd written in her memory to the family -- I found that composing it in the days and weeks before, and then sending it out on that day to be very healing for me. Perhaps "A Song for Cheryl" or "Cheryl's Theme" will be performed by you 353 days from now.

Wishing you well -- and all the healing and MUSIC you need.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs