Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

To fix or not to fix, that is the question

picker

Looks like the same problem as your guitar Picker...I hope you didn't have to pay $730 bucks for it as a player. I think they are just collectors items to look at these days unless you move the bridge. You may have to use the slant the slide technique LOL! :thu:

A significant chunk of that $730 is the included tube amp in the case. If you add a speaker jack and run a 10" or 12" speaker, it is an impressive little booger.

Even just the speaker in the case will get you through any porch jam and maybe even a recording session.

Time and again, my vintage Danos have turned out to be great players. The 16" radius curve of the fretboard and the two steel bars running through the neck make for very low action if the frets are level.

The vintage lipstick pickups are full range and sugar-sweet sounding. There is an oddly "acoustic" aspect to the tone, probably the simple (and yes, cheap) semi hollow body construction.

A fun guitar to play with fingerstyle techniques as well as bottleneck styles.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first electric guitar was a Silvertone much like Pickers' but it had a single lip stick. It was a great little guitar single cutaway style. I never had the amp in the case but I bought a Silvertone piggy back amp with two speakers (probably 10's or 12") can't remember. It was a great little amp that I sold my harmonica buddy after a couple of decades of use back in 72. He still has it and has had many offers to buy it from other guitar players. Evidently they make great recording amps and are collectors. I think Picker will get some good use out of his for slide playing. I would go ahead and have the bridge moved if that will help line up the strings (even if it lowered the vintage value). :cool:
Take care, Larryz

• 3 weeks later...
I decided to have it fixed. I sent it to the guy who put the new buttons on my Rickenbacker. It should be finished in another week or so. Pictures to follow when I get it back, and sound files if I can figure out how to make them, and post them.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I decided to have it fixed. I sent it to the guy who put the new buttons on my Rickenbacker. It should be finished in another week or so. Pictures to follow when I get it back, and sound files if I can figure out how to make them, and post them.

Nice! Will be cool to get an update on it.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Nice! Will be cool to get an update on it.

Cool! Keep us posted Picker! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Excellent! You're gonna have a cool, really great sounding axe there, picker.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _