Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might just stick. It is Snyder after all. He might go with it just to be cantankerous over having to change the name. ð

I was hoping for the Sentinels

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

temporary for the entire 2020/2021 season anyway. After so much time/history, not just going to jump into a new name without much consideration. Makes sense to me. I actually like Washington Football Club. Sounds British. :laugh:
:nopity:

From some sports writer:

'Hmmm ... seeing as how there's already a DC United team that plays real football inside the city limits, perhaps the NFL team could have cut down on any confusion by going with a name like "Landover American Football Team." I mean, they usually get LAFT off the field every week anyway."

:roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 4 weeks later...
Just heard today Chico Rivera found cancer in lymph node. I really hate to hear this. He is a great guy. Washington is lucky to have him as their coach.

• 2 weeks later...

With the pandemic still raging, it'll be interesting to see how this NFL season pans out. On the one hand MLB and the NBA have managed to play games; but then baseball is more naturally socially distant than football, and the NBA is playing in a bubble.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The Washington Football Team (WFT) released future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson. I thought we should have kept him around for another 1-2 seasons.

Apparently, the WFT coaching staff is high on rookie RB Gibson and they believe in the committee of RBs on the roster.

I believe the WFT is projected to go 3-13 this season. I'm hoping they will overachieve and go 4-12. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The Packers cut our neighbor kid. He made plays in Seattle when he got on the field. It"s a bummer he got hurt as a senior year and had to work his way into the league as a UDFA. Dallas grabbed him off waivers. Hopefully he will get some game time chances. He played with my 26 year old some. He is between my 26 and 22 year old in age. Probably 24 now. He was such a great kid. I guess I"ll be following Dallas some.

As a Pats fan, never thought I would see Brady playing for another team, but I have to admit I've been curious to see what the team would look like after he's gone. It's not the ideal circumstances but it's exciting to see a new era of the team begin. Cam is a completely different type of QB so it will be interesting to see how their approach changes.

Carson Wentz ate turf a lot today. He threw a couple of picks and got man handled. Tom Brady threw into NO Defense traffic and got pick number one, The next was a pick six. Awful. Both the Eagles and Tampa Bay have their work cut out for them.

Congrats to Prof D's Washington FB team, their Defense dominated.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Thanks brotha MikeT.:thu:

WFT defense performed as I hoped a Rivera coached team would play. They kept a foot on the gas with a lead and didn't blow it in the last 5 minutes. Great week 1 win against a divisional opponent. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Washington Football Team is 1 and 0 in their new history. Carson Wentz is really glad the game is over, you can be sure. He is lucky he didn't leave the stadium by ambulance.

Excellent news Geoff about you music getting air time. :2thu:

oh, yeah, Dallas lost. :)

:nopity:

Thanks Geoff! From what I can make of the REPLAYS on the Internet, it was more a matter of how BAD the Giants were, not a matter of how "good" the Steelers were. The Steelers were down 10-3 when Ben threw a WIDE OPEN Shuster on a fade route in the corner of the End Zone. Whoever was on Defense against Ju Ju should find a different profession. But, I'll take a win anytime.

The other good news is Dallas LOST.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.