Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Mac webcam??

Any recommendations for a half decent web cam for Mac? I've been searching the interwebz, but don't want to break the bank. I'm trying to set up the studio machine to collaborate with a buddy in Ottawa. Machine is a 2010 PowerMac running Mojave. I may try to use my iPhone as a camera also. Cheers Mike

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a couple over the years because where my MBP lived was no good for video for Skype and etc. I use LogicTech webcams and they come range of prices. Right now I have one of the better ones HD 1080p Logi. Greg Spero AKA Weekly Piano on YT a lot of his videos he's using his iPhone as camera for his MBP and they look good.

I've been playing with using my iPhone XR's rear camera with my iMac using software from NDI.tv.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thanks guys! The Logitech seem to be what I need Elmer and Docbop, but as stoken6 mentioned, hard to source here, at any rate. I figured out how to use my iPhone Joe, using an app and software from Camo. FaceTime does not support it, but it works great on Zoom. I'll check out NDI.tv. Thanks again everyone!

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

I don"t know, stoken. There"s a bunch of sources for 920 and 930 variants on Amazon. Delivery by Sept. 25? Or at least that"s what it says.
Maybe supply has improved. It was very restricted a few weeks ago when everyone was equipping their home office for Zoom calls.

Cheers, Mike.