Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One of ours is hurting...

mcgoo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, Greg. I can't remember, do we know him on FB? I'm drawing a blank on his name.

My condolences to him and his family either way.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thanks. I thought his name was a "Ron" but I was looking under "Ronnie" and the names that came up weren't who I was looking for.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Someone already posted this to Ronald's wall on FB, and it can be a balm to anyone of us who has lost someone dear: "Death is Nothing At All", by Henry Scott Holland:

"Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped way into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before. How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!" - Henry Scott Holland

I find this encouraging as well:

[video:youtube]

Thank you to everyone that reached out to me. I appreciate every one of you. I have posted it on Facebook, and the response was overwhelming. Many of my KC Family posted on the thread.

We had been together for 26 years, married for 21.

Cheryl had been admitted to the local Hospice Inpatient facility on early Wednesday morning, after going to the ER in severe pain. They were trying to get a handle on the pain level, and were actually making headway.

I went to see her on Wednesday afternoon, but she was out of it most of the time. Thursday I called and spoke to her before work, and had a good conversation with her. I didn't go there that afternoon, but I called there. Her sister answered the phone, because Cheryl was sound asleep.

Early Friday morning, her nurse had come in to see her, and she was sleeping well. Her nurse was called away due to another patient. When she came back, Cheryl was gone. She passed quickly and peacefully in her sleep at 6:45 AM Sept 11.

At 7 AM I got the call that everyone dreads getting, that she was gone. I drove the 30 miles to the facility in disbelief. When I got there, I went to her room, and she looked like she was sleeping, and I expected her to start snoring at any time.

Her sister, both nephews, and the older nephew's girlfriend came with me today to the funeral home. All the needed paperwork has been signed. Cheryl had been very smart. She started a term life insurance policy for the purpose of paying the expenses. So, it is only $71 out of pocket.

Her memorial will probably be in a month or so. Next week is too soon. The following week the nephew and his girlfriend will be out of town, and the NEXT weekend, I have 2 gigs.

Cheryl knew how important it was to play so she would have told me to play.

We met on a gig.

In Ocean Shores Washington. We were playing on a Friday night, and she was the bouncer. She came to the stage and asked if we could turn down. In typical fashion, the guitar player turned up. I spent every break talking with her.

The next night, I basically ignored her, sitting with some locals. Came up to me and told me I was a rude Son of a Bitch, and we were together ever since.

Again, thank you to all that have taken the time to convey their condolences.

Ron "Mr. Nightime" Wahl

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Having lost several family members (including both parents) to cancer I know first hand that it's an implacable foe. My wife had cancer and has been clear for years, but that doesn't mean that it won't come back. For every "miracle cure" such as my brother-in-law, there are still far too many who don't make it. Here's hoping that some bright young lad or lass manages to come up with a genuine, no-kidding way to stop cancer in its tracks.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I"m sorry for your loss, Ron. She"ll be your guardian angel, as you live life in her honor. She would want for you to be happy, and you will always be able to find her in your heart. You will meet again. God bless.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw