Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One of Billy Preston's more ambitious side projects

Yes, that is how I mentally categorize a fair amount of late-period Beatles. [insert photo of me sitting behind a folding table in a park, with a "CHANGE MY MIND" sign taped to the front]

Still, this article caught my attention (thank, Joe). Despite the fact that the writer should clearly be fired for forcing that many Beatles lyrics into the text of the story I look forward to seeing the film:

https://www.rollingstone.com/feature/beatles-inside-breakup-50-years-later-1042196/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted on FB with the link, I'm pretty excited to see what may be the real story behind the album. The article says there were more good times than we knew. I found the author's take that they simply ran out of new things to do an interesting one.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The article says there were more good times than we knew.
I think in the Beatles Anthology doc from the 90s, Ringo said something along the lines of "we still had good days," they were just not quite as frequent as they used to be, or at least when they argued, there was more baggage.

I've been interested in this film anyway; the original doc is pretty rough but has some fascinating peeks behind the curtain, and the Beatles and Peter Jackson are responsible for some of my favorite hyperambitious works, as well as some of my favorite missed opportunities later on. :grin:

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I also always wondered why they were wearing those froofy coats. I had assumed it was some 60s fashion thing I wasn't aware of, not that it was colder than they expected and took their wives jackets! :roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI