Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

A short solo piano concert I did during the Covid situation. weird to play without an audience and such a short gig. Sorry for the rambling in Norwegian between the songs, its just me explaining some of the motivation and intentions behind the compositions. All the compositions are originals and I`d say its about 50/50 composition and impro:) Hope you enjoy!

That was really nice. The Steinway sounded well tuned and nice venue. Did you do all the video recording and editing yourself solo or others involved? Beautiful style of music.

Here is a our new single with our guitar player singing:

loved it, Jason. Perfect summer song. :2thu:

Yeah, sweet sounding track, Jason! Loved the animation, too. Is the artist a Rochester person as well?

Sam our guitarist is on staff and head curator at RIT. It was one of his students.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Jason, great song! And I loved all the tunes on your website. Great music! :thu:

Thanks there is some on reverbnation and videos on Facebook. Thanks it means a lot.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

OutKaster, good vibes in that riddim there. Have you ever used M1 (software version, knowing you"re into reggae, you"ve probably used the real deal) or the new Triton Collection by Korg?

Edit: subscribed to your channel.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Here's my take on the old original opening theme to Unsolved Mysteries.

Some fun sounds on the Prophet Rev2 and Montage:

That was really cool! I especially like when you went to the synth lead part, great ambience and presence.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

Five Circles by Vangelis

I"m using two Sequential Prophet Rev2"s, panned left and right for a better stereo field. These are my own 'CS-80' patches, but I started with a VCM 'Voice Component Modeling' template by 'creativespiral,' which uses the step sequencer to give the Rev2 more of a vintage feel by slightly altering the intonation of the oscillator tunings. I"m using a little Prophet delay and am using Valhalla Vintage Reverb. There are also quite a few splits and layers on the Yamaha Montage, including the choir patch which is being played via MIDI from the Prophet.

Thanks Mike! Yep we did it at a photo studio in the industrial area off Argyll. One day shoot, one camera, nothing major (nice camera though). Borrowed the clav from Stew Kirkwood, rented the Voyager from, well, someone else who preferred to rent ;) CERB hasn't been that kind to me :laugh:

What are you using for the clav sound in the track? It sounds good in the tune.

Stew's great. I first met him when I was eighteen. i.e. a long time ago! (Imagine a four year old answering the door with, "Wanna see my Kiss records?") Over the past couple of years I've been recording some keyboard tracks for his father.

I did this back in March, if I recall... I made a patch in Logic of left hand bass Trillian and right hand Scarbee rhodes, then set up a drum loop and jammed along. Later I overdubbed some other tracks.

[video:youtube]

• 3 weeks later...

Found this on YouTube - a band I was in from 1969 to 1972. I think this was done in '70, I would have been 19 y.o. Laurie Records was trying to get on the bubblegum bandwagon. I was positive that I was soon going to be rich & famous. Alas, it didn"t happen.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Found this on YouTube - a band I was in from 1969 to 1972. I think this was done in '70, I would have been 19 y.o. Laurie Records was trying to get on the bubblegum bandwagon. I was positive that I was soon going to be rich & famous. Alas, it didn"t happen.

Ahh, that big, rubbery 60s bass sound immediately filled me with joy. Nice organ playing, too, and the false ending with the outro guitar solo/drum set grandstanding made me smile. Sorry it didn't lead to fame and fortune, but glad you could share!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

So, we've found a label, and our first single is out... we"re pretty stoked about it. It"s the only cover on the album; everything else is originals.

Full album release probably early next year. Impossible to plan a promo tour ATM, of course...

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

So, we've found a label, and our first single is out... we"re pretty stoked about it. It"s the only cover on the album; everything else is originals.

Full album release probably early next year. Impossible to plan a promo tour ATM, of course...

Excellent, really enjoyed that. Clever rendition of a well known pop tune with a very authentic late 60's souljazz vibe, especially the blending of Hammond lead and Wurly comping. The silent pause was a bit long, I almost clicked away in the middle but sure enough there was more to come.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Full album release probably early next year. Impossible to plan a promo tour ATM, of course... ]

Excellent !!

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Tried something new with my PC3. This is a Bulgarian folk song called "Kopenitsa", which was made popular by the British band Blowzabella. I originally learned this song years ago on the accordion, as would be traditional. I like to mess around with adapting songs to different genres of music and other instruments, and so I've turned this into sort of a progressive/fusion type of piece (honestly I'm not quite sure what the genre truly would be). I've retained the original time signature of 11/8, as I'm fairly comfortable with Balkan music in general. Everything you hear is from the Kurzweil PC3. Parts other than the piano were recorded with the sequencer ahead of time, and played back live. Just a simple MG10XU USB mixer to an iPhone using the Lightning Camera Connector Kit, with the built-in Camera app for the video and audio recording.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Sounds great!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

hey Chief that's a great song, love it. Of course the signature riff reminds one of Street Fighting Man, but that dissipates quickly. Shoulda been big man!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Thanks for your kind words, guys.

The Drawbars is the first project that's truly "mine" (albeit shared with the other two guys) to go public, and it means a lot to hear from others outside our little bubble that it's apparently pretty useful.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Thanks for your kind words, guys.

The Drawbars is the first project that's truly "mine" (albeit shared with the other two guys) to go public, and it means a lot to hear from others outside our little bubble that it's apparently pretty useful.

+1. Really dig the music you've posted here and on you webpage linked in your signature. Dirty, funky organ stuff!