Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Share your favorite YouTube videos.

RABid

I watch a lot of YouTube and am always looking for more good content. How about sharing some of your favorite YouTube videos. Any subject that is allowable by the KC rules.

Back in the 60's, my family was still on the poor side but my mom had a new job as social worker in the school system. She ate lunch at a restaurant when the Juke Box vendor came in and changed some of the 45's. He offered the records he removed from the machine to the customers for 5 cents each. My mom bought a few for me and my sister. We were excited because records were a luxury. One of the records was a song I had never heard on small town radio but quickly became one of my favorites. I was shocked to see this group perform on Jimmy Fallon. I didn't know they were still alive. While there is a video of that performance on YouTube, I like this one better. ... Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Vanilla Fudge performing "You Keep Me Hanging On".

[video:youtube]

I'm a drummer at heart, and it takes a lot to impress me with a drum set. This video is the first time I ever saw someone play a foot pedal cowbell. All I can say is "More cowbell please."

For you Star Trek fans, this is a fan created video. The original posting disappeared a few years ago but someone eventually uploaded a copy. This is the promo video that Enterprise should have released.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch a lot of YouTube and am always looking for more good content. How about sharing some of your favorite YouTube videos. Any subject that is allowable by the KC rules.

Back in the 60's, my family was still on the poor side but my mom had a new job as social worker in the school system. She ate lunch at a restaurant when the Juke Box vendor came in and changed some of the 45's. He offered the records he removed from the machine to the customers for 5 cents each. My mom bought a few for me and my sister. We were excited because records were a luxury. One of the records was a song I had never heard on small town radio but quickly became one of my favorites. I was shocked to see this group perform on Jimmy Fallon. I didn't know they were still alive. While there is a video of that performance on YouTube, I like this one better. ... Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Vanilla Fudge performing "You Keep Me Hanging On".

And people who saw the Vanilla Fudge when they first came out are still alive too!!!

I finally had a drivers license and get out and go to live music so my first adventure was to go to the Whiskey and see Vanilla Fudge. Back was the transition days of the Whiskey and they still had the dancers in cages hanging from the ceiling and waitresses in black fishnet stockings. I was 16 and it was a whole new world to me and I loved it. I became a regular at the Whiskey back then and saw a lot of great bands and I've still breathing and can talk about it. Maybe all the "smoke" in the air from back then acts like a preservative?