Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - drum battle

Ok, I really needed something to make me smile and laugh. I have been grinning like a fool watching this little girl play drums (you may have seen her on talk shows, I had not).

She plays (at least) guitar, keys and sings on top of playing drums. Some of her vids are when she was a wee lass of 9, I think she is 10 here!

Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters saw her and challenged her to a "drum battle."

Here is the battle.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the video where she challenged Grohl, and then his reply, and then her response. Great stuff.

[Though I didn't think she played the initial performance perfectly. It was great, and out of this world for a ten year old, and WAY better than I could even try to do, but there were a few spots where I thought her hits were a teeny bit off. Nothing terrible nor unfixable, though. I'm not bashing her at all, I'm just observing. I hope she continues to work at it and excel. :thu: )

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If I recall correctly, Grohl had a drum battle with Animal from the Muppets. Again, he was careful to "lose." Flames and smoke were involved, but both survived the battle, though I'm not so sure about the drum kits. It was great. I can't say that (most of) his music suits me (although I thought his one-man prog rock thing was interesting), but as a human being...he's absolutely top flight. I'd love to have him as a next door neighbor so I could just hang out with him. He seems like he's super fun.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

This really made me smile. This girl is a very fine drummer and is totally adorable. She radiates tons of positive energy. Her take on Good Times Bad Times is pretty smokin". She outclasses many 'adult professional' drummers I"ve encountered. Good on Dave Grohl for helping to bring her to our attention.