The Keyboard Chronicles Podcast and Weekly email briefing
My music
Re: New Episode: Roddy Bottum, Faith No More / Imperial Teen
nursers #3061676 09/08/20 05:10 PM
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Do you know what I liked about him? How well he respected you guys. He often asked if you guys were familiar with something or had done it yourselves. He stayed aware that not everyone had the same experiences that he did, tailoring his responses to that. Not everyone does that in an interview. thu

The great thing about music is that there's always something to learn. The frustrating thing about music is that there's always something to learn!
Joe Muscara #3061919 09/10/20 08:10 AM
nursers Offline OP
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
Originally Posted by Joe Muscara
Do you know what I liked about him? How well he respected you guys. He often asked if you guys were familiar with something or had done it yourselves. He stayed aware that not everyone had the same experiences that he did, tailoring his responses to that. Not everyone does that in an interview. thu

Yep great point, it really made an impression on me during the interview. Really nice and inclusive guy thu

My music
nursers #3061922 09/10/20 11:21 AM
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Every time I hear his name though, I think he's a pro wrestler! It's probably because of that famous 80s (?) wrestler, Rowdy Roddy Piper! roll

I've not followed FNM though I heard the songs that were on radio back in the day. I asked Apple Music to play the FNM Essentials playlist and have been surprised to hear how many of the tunes sounded familiar, even "Easy." What surprises me though is the singers. I need to look up the history of that. That's the kind of thing I always dug into with bands, member changes over history and albums. One of my favorite things in a Rock and Roll Encyclopedia is the charts for a band like Yes (which got more complicated after the last time I saw that book). I prefer it on Wikipedia when a band's entry has that horizontal bar graph of band members. Check out the one for Tower of Power. (I'm always disappointed when they have a table with dates instead.)

Anyway, nice job with another show! I'm learning stuff. smile

The great thing about music is that there's always something to learn. The frustrating thing about music is that there's always something to learn!
Joe Muscara #3061949 09/10/20 04:16 PM
nursers Offline OP
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
Originally Posted by Joe Muscara
Every time I hear his name though, I think he's a pro wrestler! It's probably because of that famous 80s (?) wrestler, Rowdy Roddy Piper! roll

I've not followed FNM though I heard the songs that were on radio back in the day. I asked Apple Music to play the FNM Essentials playlist and have been surprised to hear how many of the tunes sounded familiar, even "Easy." What surprises me though is the singers. I need to look up the history of that. That's the kind of thing I always dug into with bands, member changes over history and albums. One of my favorite things in a Rock and Roll Encyclopedia is the charts for a band like Yes (which got more complicated after the last time I saw that book). I prefer it on Wikipedia when a band's entry has that horizontal bar graph of band members. Check out the one for Tower of Power. (I'm always disappointed when they have a table with dates instead.)

Anyway, nice job with another show! I'm learning stuff. smile

And THAT is what makes it worthwhile smile

My music

Moderated by  nursers 

Link Copied to Clipboard