Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2020 Thread

No matter what, this season will have asterisks all over it. If your team wins, there will be plenty of reasons/excuses for others to dismiss it. If they lose, you'll have just as many to excuse it.

On the other hand, we now have major networks covering professional lacrosse (who knew?). Talk about the whitest (non-winter) pro sport in the USA... I at least expected some Native American players (after all, they were playing for over 1000 years before the Europeans got here). ð

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what, this season will have asterisks all over it.

Most likely, except the team that wins this year, should MLB get that far, will have won without cheating.

So glad the Nationals beat the cheating Astro's last year.

:nopity:

No matter what, this season will have asterisks all over it.

Most likely, except the team that wins this year, should MLB get that far, will have won without cheating.

So glad the Nationals beat the cheating Astro's last year.

That's Asterisks to you, buddy! :cop:

6815332_0.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I mean, I don't blame the Dodgers for being pissed off, or the Astros in defending their teammates. But c'mon, may as well throw hands if you're gonna defy protocols in the middle of the outbreak. If you're just spittling at each other, stay in the dugout. I know most bench-clearing in baseball don't get past shoving, but it just seems that much more ridiculous now. But that's probably the born and raised hockey fan talking.

Was Kelly claiming in that video he just threw some bad pitches because he was tired or something like that? What a lame statement. :rolleyes:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

re: lack of crowd noise

I'm not much of a baseball fan anymore--I watched a lot in the 80s, granted I watched more sports period than I do know, a high-level soccer game might be the only one that'll hold my interest--but being able to hear the players might get my interest :) I remember watching a basketball game with no crowd a while back and it was pretty fascinating, could hear all the calls.

From what I saw of the fake crowd used by Fox, looks pretty awful and strange.

I think most fans agree that MLB didn't punish the Astros enough for their cheating, and I can see why the team's rivals would want to make up for that.

I also think most people can agree that the framers of our Constitution were wise to outlaw corporal punishment when they created the Eighth Amendment.

That's why, even as a Dodgers fan, I still believe that throwing a baseball at 100-mph directly at an opponent is the wrong way to make up for MLB's miscarriage of justice.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Eduardo Rodriguez, the Sox #1 starter, will sit the rest of the season out to recover from myocarditis, which is believed to be related to his having had Covid 19.

Most people recover from mild myocarditis (don't know the severity of his case), but full recovery is not a given. Damaged heart muscle tissue is nothing to take lightly.

I think this news will cause more players to opt out. It shakes up the idea that a professional athlete, being a paragon of health, can play the season in a bubble and if they get the virus, just take a couple weeks and recover from it. The risks run much deeper.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

They should have made a deal with Japan: we"ll quarantine for 14 days upon entry, then play all our games in your stadiums, for your responsible, mature citizens. We"ll broadcast the games back home, while boosting your economy.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
feel bad for Dusty Baker, the rest of the cheaters can go jump in a lake. I hope the Astro's never get to the world series ever again

:thu: At least under this ownership.