Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shoulder surgery - the sequel

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best of luck for your surgery and a speedy recovery, Dave.

I am a bit worried myself for similar reasons, as my right hand was injured in an incident about 10 days ago, and the damage seems worse that it appeared at first. Several days of doctors and exams ahead...

Good luck with your surgery / recovery. I hope it works out! Also hope you managed to complete your studio overhaul, 'cause you don't wanna do that while healing up.

I got most of it done - enough that pretty much everything works...enough that I can hide in there to rehab.

There's a contingent in my house that contends that the studio renovation did not exactly help my shoulder situation. There's actually a decent argument that can be made for that. Last time I totally overhauled the studio, I was 45. Now, I'm pushing 60, and that damn MiniMoog isn't getting any lighter. :eek:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I knew that studio makeover would do you in. I TOLD YOU TO CALL BEFORE MOVING THAT GRAND PIANO BY YOURSELF! I would have sent Marino right over. :)

Glad you are getting it fixed and the last one went well. I took the cowards way out. 10 Years ago I had to quit playing tennis because of my shoulder. Instead of surgery I opted to stop playing tennis and gain 10, umm, 15, ummm, 20 pounds. Yep. That was my solution. The cowards way out. I am playing disc golf now and it seems fine. But you know, when you hit 60 things seem to magically improve. :P

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I am playing disc gold now and it seems fine.

If you mean disc golf, Rob, you might want to be a little extra careful .

Oops. Edited. I do mean disc golf. Bought my best friend a disc set for his birthday. We have played three times and really like it. Just a bit of muscle soreness so far. Two 60 year old men playing a young man's game. :) Getting par on a hole is a victory for us. Though today I had to cut my game short because of gout in my left foot. Was doing okay with it until I had to jump down into a creek to retrieve a disc, then climb up the bank again. Who designs these courses with baskets next to a creek or on a property line that borders impassable bushes!

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I am playing disc gold now and it seems fine.

If you mean disc golf, Rob, you might want to be a little extra careful .

I do mean disc golf. Bought my best friend a disc set for his birthday. We have played three times and really like it. Just a bit of muscle soreness so far!

waiting for dB to chime in here. ;)

:nopity:

Dave, you're grossing me out. You're old, stop using your limbs so indiscriminately. I can't bear to read your reports and watch the news in the same day. :sick:

Been there, AM there! :eek: I'm simply glad its worked out "well," so far. Remember, baby steps on a KeyStep first & work your way back UP to Rachmaninoff.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

I didn't do the block. Surgeon advised against considering where the damage was. Didn't do it last time either - wasn't bad.
Interesting...the site of the block and the site of the surgery are unrelated, but then again I did have a femoral nerve block for my ACL repair- I still felt pain post-op, but my knee itched and when I scratched it I couldn't feel a thing, go figure. Glad you are doing well!