Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Good email source.

RABid

What are you using for email? I have a HotMail account that I use for backup. A GMail account that I never use for email because hey, who wants a company that makes their living searching and revealing information to manage their email? And for years I have been using Godaddy for my main email. I use the unlimited business plan with 5 accounts. They no longer have individual email plans, and the business plan has gone from $99 to 150 over the past couple years. Add to that the cost of my domain name. Now that I am retired it is time to find a cheaper alternative. I have not been using HotMail as my main because so many friends had their HotMail accounts hacked over the years. Does anyone have email that they really like? I dread changing addresses because I have so many software (VSTi) companies registered to that email.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Protonmail maybe? It's encrypted mail, apart from the subject line. I believe it's free up to 500mb storage... and then goes paid from there. You can also connect it to existing e-mail accounts. Works good on phones, iPads, etc. :)

Protonmail.

Here for the gear.

Create a new account on outlook.com. Yes, they are descended from Hotmail, but it does not use the old Hotmail special protocol. It is based on Enterprise versions of Exchange, and is VERY robust (especially for something free). Like you, I used to have a domain, website, and business email based on that domain name. No longer a corporation, operating as sole prop.

I have accounts with Yahoo (somewhat problematic, they are switching to some system that requires getting an "app password" to use MS Office Outlook, and they don't yet have it together for that to work). Gmail (it does work well, but the major advantage of outlook.com is that I can synchronize my calendar with my iPhone and iPads), and the outlook.com account. I also have an iCloud based email, but don't use it for routine; and an account with my local Internet provider, which I never use for anything except logs from my SonicWall firewall (doesn't provide a way to use other SMTP ports than 25, and the ISP allows no email sent on that port except through their system, which is understandable).

The Yahoo is the oldest, and it is a bit of a pain to gradually move the folks that I choose over but the ones I "kinda" want are slowly being moved to gmail, and the ones that I "want" are being moved to Outlook.

BTW, all of these work equally well in both Windows and Apple environments, and can even be accessed through a browser if needed for Linux or travel (except that my email accounts are also on my iPhone).

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I have a domain through Network Solutions, and a server plan that gives me a web site, FTP server, and 1000 distinct e-mail accounts (available by web, outlook, or in my case Thunderbird). They do some spam scanning, but as far as I can tell they never, ever sell any info about me. Their e-mail service is separately available for (as of this writing) about $20 per year (not including the domain name, but you can get that from them or from others).

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

hey, who wants a company that makes their living searching and revealing information to manage their email?

almost 2 billion people :idk:

At which point one becomes a grain of sand on a huge beach.

Yes, we are all being spied on, constantly. At a certain point, the sheer mass of parsable and mundane data becomes essentially inscrutable.

While they know everything about you, they also know everything about everybody.

You would have to be pretty special for them to notice anything about you, ever.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I have a domain through Network Solutions, and a server plan that gives me a web site, FTP server, and 1000 distinct e-mail accounts (available by web, outlook, or in my case Thunderbird). They do some spam scanning, but as far as I can tell they never, ever sell any info about me. Their e-mail service is separately available for (as of this writing) about $20 per year (not including the domain name, but you can get that from them or from others).

This one. It give you also the advantage to own the domain name, so you keep your email address if the service provider go under or make other plans.

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/