Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Large collection of synths on craigslist

I am not affiliated in any way, this is not a listing - I am just passing information along to others.

Just saw this in our local craigslist, it may be of interest to some of you. Cheers, Kuru

As always, craigslist belongs to the swift.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/msg/d/bellingham-large-collection-of/7189967374.html

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those "minor problems" seemed pretty major to me :idk:

If you ignore them, they will go away!!!!

I don't fix electronical stuffs either, my hat is off to those that do. I thought some of my fellow forumites might find it interesting. I just took my usual look at the local craigslist musical instrument section and there it was.

I've got an Akai MPX25 and an Xkeys 25 key board. They were both super cheap to buy. They spend their lives sitting around doing nothing mostly.

I don't play keyboards well enough to justify owning them but here they are and I have plenty of plugins.

Just for recording, I'd never inflict my keyboard "talents" on anybody in a live context.

The prices seem a little suspect. Casio CZ 101 - won't turn on - $220?? Korg MS2000 - Bottom octave not fully working, some missing knobs, missing cheek blocks - $300?? Roland JD-800 - keyboard missing, not screwed together - $900?? Good luck!

SOP on craigslist for sellers is "start high." After round one (or no interest), start lowering the prices or considering offers.

SOP on craigslist for buyers is "make stupid offers." Both of these strategies have their place. Eventually there will probably be a meeting in the middle.I don't get the impression that this seller wants to get top dollar no matter how long it takes, they probably want to deal with this for maybe a month or so. Just guessing, I don't know who this is. I wouldn't care at all if I did, I am not a buyer for any of these items.

That said, we've had a seller up here who posted some now quite obsolete recording gear that they apparently paid way too much for. Just the complete rack of gear was available and the price was over $4k.

They ran that ad for a good 4-5 years without budging. Eventually, buzzards made headway.

They still advertise an older Midas mixer that they want an absurd amount for, they will never get it.

"Autographed by God Module." If I didn't know that was an actual synth band, I'd call His autograph a serious selling point.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

It's kind of hard to tell, but there seem to be TWO JV-1000s shown in the ad, but one listed. Unless they moved the one off of the table, leaned it up against a wall, and took another picture of it. Sounds like it has the red glue issue. If someone really took the time to fix that, the rest of the board is likely fine.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments