Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2019-2020 Thread

When they entered the bubble, there was virtually no chance that the Suns would advance; but they sure didn't play like it. As the only team to go 8-0 in the seeding games, Phoenix showed fans there's hope for the future:

Proving They Belong

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as you can imagine, it was big news up north as well. Pressure-packed job, but he's obviously a great candidate. Clearly his relationship with KD and his potential influence on Irving weighed in. Stephen A. Smith also isn't wrong in saying that landing this sort of high-profile job without any prior formal experience is rare, if even non-existant, for a Black candidate.

Go Rockets!

(Yes, I'm disappointed they only won the "home" games in the series with OKC. I hope it doesn't go that way against Lebron and Le Brow.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Geoff. I was disappointed to see them go to seven against OKC. It wasn't a good sign. Once the Lakers figured out what happened in game 1, they seemed to have the Rockets number (13, apparently).

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Condolences to Eric on the defending champs' elimination by the Celtics in Game 7.

Best,

Geoff

Thanks, Geoff. I was in the mountains and didn't see Game 7 but heard the better team won. Raps still have plenty of potential in their current core, without considering the Masai-Giannis rumours. We'll see what the future brings!

Stories have either Sam Cassell (much love for the former championship-winning Rocket who Doc Rivers says should be a head coach somewhere) or JVG as potential candidates for the HC job here now that D'Antoni has decided to move on. I don't know what's behind his decision, though an article I just read said he told his agent to tell the Rockets he wasn't going to renew on the flight home.

I did notice that JVG was heaping much praise on Harden during the broadcasts, so that's good if he's the pick. I think he said he was the best player in the the league. I think he was saying that about Hardenâ¦

The pundits on ESPN have been expecting D'Antoni's departure since last year, when the Rockets and D"Antoni couldn"t agree on an extension. I hope he's a good fit for his next franchise and that Houston finds a good replacement.

Best,

Geoff

Wow! Denver pulled off the upset. Amazing. The Western Conference Finals will not be a face-off between two LA teams after all.

And Miami's overtime win against Boston was spectacular too. Great playoffs for those without a rooting interest. (Just to be clear though, I'm rooting for the Lakers!)

Best,

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah!

James, Lakers beat Nuggets in Game 5 to reach NBA Finals

GO LAKERS!!! :thu::cool:

(It's pretty sad that the only Lakers fan left in this forum is someone for whom they're a second favorite team. Missing steadyb, Ken, and Jeff...)

Best,

Geoff

...And the NBA Finals are set:

Back to the Finals: Heat oust Celtics, move to title series

LeBron vs. his old team

Lakers vs. Pat Riley (I realize that's a bit of a stretch.)

I'm a little disappointed that we aren't getting a nostalgic Lakers vs. Celtics rematch; but mostly, I'm just grateful the Lakers are in the Finals again.

Best,

Geoff

The coaching openings and availabilities are kind of crazy. I was surprised to see Doc Rivers was let go. D'Antoni seems to be the top choice for Philly. Alvin Gentry is out there, who will the Pelicans pick up? Does anyone want the Rockets job? One article I saw rated the Rockets as last for desirable openings. I do admit, it's a weird team and I wonder if they will continue with "small ball" under a different coach, but they really went all in with contracts and trades, leaving them with very little they can do to change that it seems.

It looks like Doc Rivers is going to the Sixers (say that ten times fast), and Gentry might take an assistant job with him or possibly elsewhere.

I have to admit I'm not a huge Lebron fan, but it really sucks how Dragich and Bam got hurt. This finals has ZERO buzz, there's no chance in hell Miami can keep up. AD is literally unstoppable and Lebron is very solid, Rondo getting it done too. It is what it is, but I was hoping for a more competitive finals.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D