Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bloke covers Emerson on Geetar using Jam Origin app

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the band bring in Jan Hammer for guitar parts? And then play Stratus? Is this Trans-Timbre? Players walk on stage, but 'Don"t presume my timbre!"

What does the guitarist do with his left hand? Oh...

What CC# is a knife stab mapped to?

Meanwhile, yes the technology looks really interesting. How about with a melodica?

Meanwhile, yes the technology looks really interesting. How about with a melodica?

Very interesting question. Apparently, there is free trial. Who go first :-> ?

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

The tech is impressive. Just looking at his hands one can see his fingerings and chord shapes are often adapted to do more keyboard-like voicings. For me, I think it"s super useful for coming up with ideas that might not occur to me at the keyboard and having them captured in the DAW as MIDI to assign to whatever timbre the arrangement might need.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Craig Anderton has a review of this software in the Gear Lab forum.

I've just downloaded the demo to give it a spin.

I have Fishman Triple Play installed on a guitar, they recently posted a couple of consecutive updates. It is improved over the previous version but still limited to .vst only.

If JamOrigin works better I might buy it and sell the Triple Play.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

OK...who is that singing? I don't know that I could sit through a performance like that, even as much as I idolized ELP.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

OK...who is that singing?

Arthur Brown. Because this is what Carl Palmer was doing before ELP...

[video:youtube]

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Maurizio

Fair enough. Let me think about it a bit. The reason I play melodica is to get away from synthetic sounds. But I"m wondering what organic VST sounds might work. Portative organ? I"ll get back to you.

On another topic, if you ever open up your melodeon tell us how the mic is positioned and what it is. And does it accurately capture the tone of the reeds, and evenly across all the keys.

Maurizio

Fair enough. Let me think about it a bit. The reason I play melodica is to get away from synthetic sounds. But I"m wondering what organic VST sounds might work. Portative organ? I"ll get back to you.

On another topic, if you ever open up your melodeon tell us how the mic is positioned and what it is. And does it accurately capture the tone of the reeds, and evenly across all the keys.

I downloaded the trial yesterday and i spent a small amount of time with it; kind of work, it seems that it needs clear attacks to tracks the note; the real point is that, being oriented to guitar, it doesn't track breath (change of intensity after the attack), that would be an interesting reason to use a melodica to control something else. I loaded a mono synth with glide preset and it is a lot of fun. But useful i do not know :->.

About opening the melodion, it may happens; i am in contact with an accordeon technicians that wanted to work on the melodion; his idea was to build some kind of box allowing him to tune a melodica without mounting/unmouting it for each trial. If he is interested in the 44H (he was looking for the HP) ...

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

I downloaded the trial yesterday and i spent a small amount of time with it; kind of work, it seems that it needs clear attacks to tracks the note; the real point is that, being oriented to guitar, it doesn't track breath (change of intensity after the attack), that would be an interesting reason to use a melodica to control something else. I loaded a mono synth with glide preset and it is a lot of fun. But useful i do not know :->.

About opening the melodion, it may happens; i am in contact with an accordeon technicians that wanted to work on the melodion; his idea was to build some kind of box allowing him to tune a melodica without mounting/unmouting it for each trial. If he is interested in the 44H (he was looking for the HP) ...

Maurizio

Too bad about not following dynamics after the attack. But that will prevent me from embarrassing myself by playing a cheesy version of Rockit on the melodica!

Having seen ELP Legacy in 2017, I can attest that they had a guitar player covering the keyboard parts. Yes, it worked. It was one of those things where I hovered between "I can't believe it works and works as well as it does" and "Wait, something's not entirely right, here." Part of it was, no doubt, the cognitive dissonance of seeing Keith's keyboard parts coming out of a guitar, but...

Carl Palmer was 100% authentic. More power to him.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.