Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A question about buffers.

RABid

I've been reading and watching YouTube videos on buffers. I'm building a large pedal board and have decided to make the move. Instead of buying a dedicated buffer I am thinking about getting a Boss Waza Craft. I can really hear the difference, even on YouTube videos, between the Waza Craft buffer and other Boss buffers. But I have a question. If I have other Boss pedals on the pedalboard that are not Waza Craft, and the buffer is not as good, will they degrade the sound? Do I need to turn off those buffers? Or, is it the best, clearest buffer takes precedence?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a 10-15" cable and plug directly into your amp and play and listen.

Now plug in to your board then to amp. Turn all effects off. Now play and listen. If it sound the same or close enough you don"t need a buffer. If it sucks because of high end loss you probably need a buffer.

If it sounds hissy or too bright or weird it"s possible to have too many buffers. If that happens I can tell you how to fix it and make your board more ergonomic.

Your baseline should be guitar and cable into your clean amp.

A lot of this buffer vs clean bypass obsessive bs comes from home hobby players. Cymbals are a bigger problem. ð

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 3 weeks later...
Take a 10-15" cable and plug directly into your amp and play and listen.

Now plug in to your board then to amp. Turn all effects off. Now play and listen. If it sound the same or close enough you don"t need a buffer. If it sucks because of high end loss you probably need a buffer.

If it sounds hissy or too bright or weird it"s possible to have too many buffers. If that happens I can tell you how to fix it and make your board more ergonomic.

Your baseline should be guitar and cable into your clean amp.

A lot of this buffer vs clean bypass obsessive bs comes from home hobby players. Cymbals are a bigger problem. ð

Much agreed.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _