Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone tried the 88 key piano that comes in two parts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. That's sort of the modular approach that Roli's Blocks line have tried to implement, though they can't quite seem to nail down who their demographic is (is it bedroom producers? People who don't know how to play the piano but want to learn to express themselves? Gigging musicians? I mean, right now it's defintiely not gigging musicians, even though the early adopters of the Grand seemed to be people like Cory Henry).

Anyway, this is the first I'm seeing this; seems like a really cool idea, if the implementation is smooth and the action is acceptable for practicing the kind of rep that 88 keys lends itself to.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

No one remembers the Infinite Response Vax 77?

Eddie Jobson used one and was a featured artist.

https://reverb.com/item/4990831-infinite-response-vax77

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

I'm really interested in this. A year ago I would have nabbed it up, as I end up flying quite a bit and playing gigs. Now with Covid, none of that is happening.

At first I was worried that, even folded in half it's 27" which is too large for carryon. But then I remembered that I flew two different international trips with my Seaboard Rise49, which is like 30in, and carried it on no problem. Electric and travel guitars are kosher on flights at 38in long. So yeah, this thing is checkin flyable! It's going to be a while before I'm doing those kinds of trips again, but when I do, I'll sell my Casiotone and grab one of these.

PS: Of course it's crap, it's a travel board. But it looks playable unlike those rollup soft boards. It's got MIDI too, so sound quality isn't really a big deal.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?