Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Free! Newfangled Audio’s Pendulate
#3060656 09/01/20 04:45 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Since Craig's forum seems to be the place where we share free plugins, here's a new one!

No affiliations, I do own a couple of Eventide plugins but I paid for them.
They have a free synth, download requires your email address and the file is just under 23 megs - small.

There are a couple of videos at the link. Seems pretty easy to mess with, I'll give it a spin on Triple Play and see how it is. Not much to delete and Eventide has my email anyway. They are pretty chill, I don't hear from them too often.

Versions for OS and Windows.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/pendulate

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
Re: Free! Newfangled Audio’s Pendulate
KuruPrionz #3060669 09/01/20 05:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I saw this in my feed on Reddit this morning and I thought, "do I really need to spend money on another out-there MPE synth when I barely scratch the surface of Equator, and half the time I'm really just trying to sound like a Minimoog anyway?"

Then I saw it was a free download. So, yes, I will be playing around with this as soon as my new MacBook ships.

Samuel B. Lupowitz
Composer. Arranger. Musician. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.
SamuelBLupowitz #3060673 09/01/20 05:52 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by SamuelBLupowitz
I saw this in my feed on Reddit this morning and I thought, "do I really need to spend money on another out-there MPE synth when I barely scratch the surface of Equator, and half the time I'm really just trying to sound like a Minimoog anyway?"

Then I saw it was a free download. So, yes, I will be playing around with this as soon as my new MacBook ships.

Worst case with free is you can just toss it out again. There are two videos, the one with the presets is ok but the other is a tutorial on how the synth works. It seems pretty simple to learn and has a lot of good tricks.
They keep mentioning Ken Buccla in the video, they are either emulating some of his designs or he is part of what is happening. Anyway, I liked it enough to add it since they have VST and Fishman TriplePlay will only load those.
I've loaded the .vst into TriplePlay and the AU plugin into my Synths folder in Waveform.

Will give it a spin this evening.

KuruPrionz #3060713 09/01/20 09:17 PM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
I created 6 new patches. Interesting parameters with some non- predictable results if you stray outside the normal harmonic boundries just a bit. I’m not sure anything really grabbed me though as in can’t wait to spend more time with this compared to other options.

But still for the price...pretty damn good. One thing I don’t get, why do they call it a low pass gate and not a lp filter? Seems like a filter to me.

Markyboard #3060716 09/01/20 09:36 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by Markyboard
I created 6 new patches. Interesting parameters with some non- predictable results if you stray outside the normal harmonic boundries just a bit. I’m not sure anything really grabbed me though as in can’t wait to spend more time with this compared to other options.

But still for the price...pretty damn good. One thing I don’t get, why do they call it a low pass gate and not a lp filter? Seems like a filter to me.

Thanks for chiming in. I guess the fact that you've already made 5 new patches speaks well for the way the interface is laid out.
Triple Play allows blending of 4 channels, each one can host a different synth. Sometimes sounds that aren't spectacular on their own can be good when blended with other sounds.
I don't know if this will do anything I want yet, it looked fun and simple and the price is good.

I don't know why stuff gets technically incorrect names. One of the knobs on my Eureka says "Saturation" but they really mean "Harmonic Distortion." It doesn't saturate anything.

KuruPrionz #3060777 09/02/20 02:47 AM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
It has MPE?!? And it's free? Downloading as soon as I'm in the studio.

KuruPrionz #3061826 09/09/20 05:17 PM
Newfangled Audio is proud to announce Pendulate's big brother, Generate. Generate takes Pendulate's chaotic architecture and adds polyphony, 4 additional chaotic oscillators, 2 additional unique wavefolders, 16 addtional modulation sources, and amazing effects.

Check out Generate here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/third-party-plug-ins/chaotic-synth/generate

Price: $99 Intro Special / reg. $149

Crossgrades: Owners of Elevate Bundle ($69) Owners of other Newfangled Plugins ($79)

Intro pricing ends 10/19/20

Compatibility:

Windows 8.1+: VST/VST3/AAX 64 bit only

Mac OSX10.9+: VST/VST3/AU/AAX 64 bit only

iLok account required to activate (no dongle necessary)

https://youtu.be/bMPRyyn7eoM

KuruPrionz #3061850 09/09/20 07:51 PM
MPN Advisory Board
Gold Member
MPN Advisory Board
Gold Member
Where do sounds like these programs create get applied? I can envision background pads or short (a measure or two) leads, but you probably don't want to play Turkey In The Straw on it.

Mike Rivers #3061920 09/10/20 10:31 AM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by Mike Rivers
Where do sounds like these programs create get applied? I can envision background pads or short (a measure or two) leads, but you probably don't want to play Turkey In The Straw on it.

They work great on just about any top 40 hit of the last 40 years. All of them. Together.

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard