Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synthplex moved to October, 2021

Following is the official notice. The people behind Synthplex are OUTSTANDING humanoid bipeds, and if anything, the delay will just make it stronger. They certainly have my 100% support.

Dear Friends of Synthplex, Synth Heads One and All!

Synthplex is moving to October 26-30, 2021 at The Burbank Marriott Convention Center & Hotel.

For you who have already purchased tickets, your 2020 tickets are valid for the 2021 show! There will be no price increase for you . . . in fact, we are working on a 'value added" method to reward you for sticking with us! In the event that you cannot make it to Synthplex 2021 you can use your previously purchased tickets(s) for Synthplex 2022. We appreciate your support and we look forward to having you join us at Synthplex 2021 and beyond!

Our amazing Synthplex exhibitors have been extremely supportive to this move and are excited to see you in person to show all of the innovations they"ve been developing. Existing exhibitors will see no price increases or extra fees so they will be able to bring even more giveaways!

The extraordinary line-up of Synthplex artists and presenters will continue into October 2021. Synthplex would like to express our appreciation to the them all and encourage you to join and follow them on social media to support them as they continue to share their remarkable gifts and insight with us.

Major media promotions for Synthplex will begin again Q1 2021. We are ramping up with our media partners now! You will begin receiving additional updates soon.

Together we will wait this pandemic out and gather for an even more incredible Synthplex in 2021.

Putting on Synthplex is a 'labor of love" community service (read: not for profit) and that love has been mutual among attendees, exhibitors, presenters and artists.

Thank you, again, for sticking with us!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more thing...for those who missed Synthplex 2019, now you have plenty of advance warning. You don't want to miss the 2021 edition.

In 2019 convinced my daughter, who thought she had no interest, to go because I was going to be speaking. Now she can't want for the next one, and is profoundly bummed that the 2020 edition isn't going to happen.

Enough said...

I am happy they are going forward. Michael L Boddicker is a fabulous human being and I support their keeping this event going.

The irony is crushing for me personally... the pandemic shut everything down less than a month before Synthplex this year. I was slated to be presenting a seminar on the esoteric and mysterious topic of online musical collaboration methods for people who couldn't get together in person... and it was a hard sell because of a perceived limited audience. If Synthplex had been a month earlier, I'd be heralded as the new Nostradamus right now. ;)

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I am happy they are going forward. Michael L Boddicker is a fabulous human being and I support their keeping this event going.

+1,000,000

The irony is crushing for me personally... the pandemic shut everything down less than a month before Synthplex this year. I was slated to be presenting a seminar on the esoteric and mysterious topic of online musical collaboration methods for people who couldn't get together in person... and it was a hard sell because of a perceived limited audience. If Synthplex had been a month earlier, I'd be heralded as the new Nostradamus right now. ;)

Maybe not! Brian Hardgroove (from Public Enemy) and I did a workshop at Winter NAMM on internet collaboration, based on a project involving an unreleased Chuck D song. I think the audience was smaller than any workshop either he or I had done previously at NAMM, so yes, it was a limited audience...and as a result, there aren't a lot of people running around calling us the Nostradamus Dudes. :)

Maybe not! Brian Hardgroove (from Public Enemy) and I did a workshop at Winter NAMM on internet collaboration, based on a project involving an unreleased Chuck D song. I think the audience was smaller than any workshop either he or I had done previously at NAMM, so yes, it was a limited audience...and as a result, there aren't a lot of people running around calling us the Nostradamus Dudes. :)

I was in the front row for that seminar. Starting now, I will refer to CA and BH as "The Nostradamus Dudes". I'll also put Dr. Mike in that catagory as he is just one of the coolest dudes ever. :2thu:

:nopity:

I was in the front row for that seminar. Starting now, I will refer to CA and BH as "The Nostradamus Dudes".

This reminds of one of my standard jokes, which unfortunately has a ring of truth. When someone comes up to me after a seminar and says "I read your manual on the [product name]," my answer is always "Aha! So you're the one!

I'll be there. It's an even shorter drive for me than NAMM! :) I went to the 2019 Synthplex and it was pretty awesome. That dinner performance with Thomas Dolby was pretty epic.

I was almost ready to get my tickets for this year's (I was waiting to find out who the featured performer for the dinner was going to be) and then you-know-what hit.

I'll look forward to going in 2021 as well. Boddicker is a dear friend and I know personally of his plans to make it even bigger in terms of A-list presenters. To say more right now would be a jinx, but I now live in Vermont and it's more than worth the trans-continental flight.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse