Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chadwick Boseman, RIP

2020 claims another great. One of the best actors of his generation, as far as I'm concerned. Gone far too soon:

'Black Panther" star Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer at 43

My favorites were "42" and "Get on Up."

So sad. Cancer doesn't care what age you are.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big C doesn't discriminate at all. Chadwick was an excellent actor. He left behind some great work. RIP Mr. Boseman. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

One of the best actors of his generation, as far as I'm concerned. Gone far too soon

This.

At least, from the press release, it appears that he "died well," surrounded by a loving family.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Ah that"s a shame. Life"s work paying off and the big C robs you of time.

What keeps every wealthy nation in the world from throwing obscene amounts of money at every viable treatment for Cancer and fast tracking successes to the public, making it available to all who need it? A contemplation for another plane of reality I suppose. Not in our time line.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Awful. An artist and an inspiration, taken from us far too soon.

There was a producing wunderkind in the old days of Hollywood named Irving Thalberg â he produced Ben Hur, Mutiny on the Bounty, and a host of other classics; he also revitalized the career of the Marx Brothers with A Night at the Opera before dying of pneumonia at 37. On hearing of Thalberg"s passing, Groucho Marx is said to have despaired that good people so often die young, while 'the schlemiels live to be a hundred.' It"s not so neat and tidy as all that, but man, sometimes it really feels that way. What a punch in the gut.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I had no idea he was sick, so this came out of the blue for me.

Now they'll recast Black Panther but it'll never be right. I'll always see Boseman in that part, no matter who they hire to do the job.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I'm heartbroken. He was a fantastic and inspiring actor. His memory and work will live on.

Apparently it was widely known he was battling cancer? I didn't know, so this came as a huge shock. Struck down at the peak of his powers.

From what I read, it wasn't known. The only hint we had (I just read about this) was that a few months ago he posted a video "to promote an initiative to help hospitals that serve primarily African-American communities, and the footage alarmed many due to his gaunt appearance."

That being said, I think a few did knowâ¦

Now they'll recast Black Panther but it'll never be right. I'll always see Boseman in that part, no matter who they hire to do the job.

I saw an article or two late last year maybe that was talking about one of the other perhaps female characters from the movie taking over the mantle of Black Panther, and I wondered why it was even a consideration. Yes, more female heroes would be good, but why move him aside for that, I wondered. Now we know. Marvel was making plans for this. Feige probably knew.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I had no idea he was battling colon cancer. When I read the headline last night it sucked the wind right out of me.

Please take your health seriously, friends. This year has proven that health is really the only thing that we have.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Please take your health seriously, friends.

Yes, this. Almost no one under 50 gets a colonoscopy because the statistical risk is so low. Nevertheless, medical science tells us there are ways to try to bend the statistics in your favor through lifestyle and diet. I'm sure if Chadwick was still with us he'd say please think about it.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Chadwick lived four years with colon cancer and that's a long time. My father died of colon cancer and he live about a year and a half after the surgery and they said that was longer than most. Colon cancer is mean.

So sad, Rest In Power Chadwick.

This might be the most hilarious thing he did, and the best episode of Black Jeopardy ever. :D

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Please take your health seriously, friends.

Yes, this. Almost no one under 50 gets a colonoscopy because the statistical risk is so low. Nevertheless, medical science tells us there are ways to try to bend the statistics in your favor through lifestyle and diet. I'm sure if Chadwick was still with us he'd say please think about it.

There is actually a swab-type test that can be done during a routine physical that I was getting from 30 onward as part of my prostate exam. Ugh. My doctor basically wiped the rubber finger from the glove after he checked me onto a card that would detect the presence of blood after the exam. This should be standard operating procedure for a physical from 30 until you get to 50 for the colonoscopy, but I don't believe it is. You need to make sure your doctor does it.

My gastroenterologist who did my colonoscopy mentioned she has seen colon cancer in people as young as late 30's. Not common, but certainly not unheard of.

Ryan Coogler, who directed Blank Panther, had a moving tribute to him mentioned in this article:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-08-30/chadwick-boseman-ryan-coogler-statement-black-panther

Extremely sad news. I thought he was incredible in "Get on Up" and of course "Black Panther"

I was listening to this tribute on Democracy Now earlier:

[video:youtube]

Amazing to think that he continued acting throughout his treatment.

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

I remember seeing pics of gaunt Boseman in the news, but just assumed he was prepping for a part - he took his art so seriously. Devastating loss... I was in shock for days.

I stopped reading comics somewhere during adolescence in the late 1960s so didn't know this, but apparently there have been several Black Panthers - including a long run with his sister Shuri. The assumption is that the MCU will continue with a Black Panther - but not a T'Challa.

Betting money is on Letitia Wright.