Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Proof that the drummer makes the song?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a recording making the rounds of a customer making a tech support call who loses his cool midway through because his hard drive was wiped when he got his computer back, erasing all the files for the novel he was writing.

Somebody put it to music, in a free jazz kinda way. Sounded a lot like the above clip - pretty funny! My Google-Fu is weak this morning, I can't find it.

Moe

---

I know, all jazz is just banging on the keys right? Look, two-year-olds are doing it! Ha ha, so funny...

BTW the infamous "Canon laptop tech support call" music was done by Henry Hey, a great keyboard player. Not really "free jazz" like the OP's video. He followed the pitch of the poor guy on the tape and harmonized it. I wouldn't think I had to explain this but reading the comments here, maybe I do. He did the same thing with a Sarah Palin soundbite. For your listening pleasure:

Steve Vai did somewhat the same thing on Zappa's "Jazz Discharge Party Hats" and "The Dangerous Kitchen" (from his album "The Man From Utopia") where the band improvised in a free-jazz style behind him. I'm pretty sure it took actual musicianship to pull those tunes off, regardless of whether they sound like kids banging away to the folks here!

BTW the infamous "Canon laptop tech support call" music was done by Henry Hey, a great keyboard player. Not really "free jazz" like the OP's video. He followed the pitch of the poor guy on the tape and harmonized it. I wouldn't think I had to explain this but reading the comments here, maybe I do. He did the same thing with a Sarah Palin soundbite. For your listening pleasure:

Thanks for the link - I hadn't heard this in a long time. You are right, actual musicianship is displayed here.

Moe

---