Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UK's Salem, early 80's?

FoxC.

I'm breaking my own brain right now... In the 80's I was dating a girl that worked for a music store. She gave me things the store was putting away. Gave me an unprinted Pantera 4 song demo once... that would be bucks now! She gave me a Salem album that had a killer cover of a song I knew well. Can Not Remember... Can't find it on the net...but know it exists. I live in small town US, it's a wonder I ever heard the song. Swear it was a power ballad???

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might help:

http://www.maximumvolumemusic.com/band-day-salem/

The article includes some links at the end that might aid your search.

You might also check their wiki entry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_(UK_band)

Since their discography is listed, you might be able to search their albums for song titles you recognize.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

No help... seems I remember things before the net. Will come back to me... always does. Remembered Pink Floyd was once The Megadeaths, GooGoo Dolls were the Sex Maggots... Stupid amount of trivia (useless) in my head. In the 80's I had a 350 watt magnetic drive amp, liniar drive phono, Bose 901's on the chrome mushrooms with an active equalizer, pair of Pioneer 18" sub, 6" mylar dome mids, and 3" x 18" ceramic horn tweeters, ADL studio moniters with dual 8" and horns, and a reverb unit. I had to put the turn table in a remote room... it would pick up a bass note and go nuts other wise. I could listen to things like Hendrix live, and hear the breeze blowing across the mike... Man I miss that...

• 3 weeks later...
Had to post this, though I probably will not get an answer. Trivia messes with my mind... The question I asked about UK's Salem... It was one song off a four track demo in a record store in NC USA. Grand Funk's Some Kind Of Wonderful. Up beat bad... Stuck in my head... Probably never hear it again, but know it was... Sucks to have Total Recall for for forgotten stuff...

Just wait until you get my age FoxC. (77) then you remember lots of stuff and can't remember the details. That is a daily occurrence. (I thank the Google crew for helping with that problemo). If I can't remember something I Google it, and sometimes Google comes up with the answer.....