Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Online lesson recommendation?

RABid

I've tried a few of the online bass lesson providers, including the biggie, mikesbasslessons.com. It was just too scattered with not enough direction. Finally happened upon talkingbass.net and love it. They guy is very informative in his approach and the lessons are easy to follow.

I would love to find equivalent lessons for guitar. I've tried a few but have not found anything as good as talkingbass.net. My latest attempt is guitarmasterymethod.com. My main problem with this site is errors. If they cannot get major and minor chords correct, and cannot be bothered to correct material when they get hundreds of Facebook posts talking about those errors, I have no use for them. I need a good online source. Any suggestions?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might try putting in a song title and add "guitar lesson" on YouTube. You'll usually get 4 or 5 lessons and a few adds for on-line lessons, DVD's, etc. Keep searching songs till you find an instructor in the vibe that interests you. Good luck and good hunting! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

I think it will be hard in the short term to create the experience of having an in-person instructor who exposes you to new ideas based on your passions. Having used several of the instructional apps and websites, I can"t really say I found one I enjoyed. I agree with the prior recommendation; follow your interest for now and google YouTube videos around the songs and theory you want to learn. Things will get back to normal someday, and we can have time in the same room where we create a personal connection and get the guided mentorship that is the old normal.

For learning guitar there can be only one.

Justin Sandercoe aka JustinGuitar.

Free content by the score, many of his Apps available, his books are also available to buy.

https://www.justinguitar.com/

With your talking bass, Mark is based in England on the Isle of Wight, Justin is an Aussie living in England near London.

Note the England connection, no bs, just great learning it is a way of life over here.

Col

For learning guitar there can be only one.

Justin Sandercoe aka JustinGuitar.

Free content by the score, many of his Apps available, his books are also available to buy.

https://www.justinguitar.com/

With your talking bass, Mark is based in England on the Isle of Wight, Justin is an Aussie living in England near London.

Note the England connection, no bs, just great learning it is a way of life over here.

Trying it now. Funny, I recommended this site to the person I gave a ukulele to a few weeks back. Not many choices for ukulele lessons. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I think it will be hard in the short term to create the experience of having an in-person instructor who exposes you to new ideas based on your passions. Having used several of the instructional apps and websites, I can"t really say I found one I enjoyed. I agree with the prior recommendation; follow your interest for now and google YouTube videos around the songs and theory you want to learn. Things will get back to normal someday, and we can have time in the same room where we create a personal connection and get the guided mentorship that is the old normal.

Sorry about the 4 likes Chris but the site wasn't responding this morning so I kept hitting the like button LOL! I did like your comment though...:facepalm:

Take care, Larryz