Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Jessie's Girl has a sequel!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay! That was freakin' awesome!!!!!

I love that you can tell it's C&C, but also shaded of the classic Rick Springfield.... shades of I've Done everything for you in there as well....

Love it!

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

That's OK; didn't The Girl from Ipanema turn 80 recently? And she's still gorgeous too!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Isn't Jessie in her 60s now?

What's next, Jenny's number's been disconnected?

Did you hear the reference to that exact song in the lyrics ;)

Seriously? If so my next hit song with Sam as co-writer just went out the window. :wah:

Then back to the drawing board with you :D

Lyndsey Parker, Editor in Chief at Yahoo Music penned this article, I thought it was pretty good

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rick-springfield-gets-his-karmic-retribution-in-twisted-jessies-girl-2-sequel-221112802.html

@Paul Kondig, the link works for me, and I live in the same country as you

:nopity:

Off-topic, and I"m sure most agree, but the original Springfield album (Working Class Dog) is freakin" awesome! Perfect 1981 rock music, song after song. Recorded at Sound City too. :cool:

I have my copy on Japanese vinyl :laugh:

Yep great album. I loved in the Sound City documentary how much respect Dave Grohl paid to Rick :thu:

I just read a fun interview with Rick the other day. No one knows who Jessie's girl really was because he never knew her name! She was the gf of a classmate or his, Gary, when he was studying stained glasswork. Some journalists tried to do some sleuthing a few years back, but the professor had recently died and the college had purged all of his class records. So, the true identity of "Gary's Girl" is lost to the annals of history.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Is it the link I posted 3 posts above yours? ;)

Different publication, and formatted differently, but references the same interview. Yeah, sorry, didn't click all the links in this thread.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

As someone who experienced his musical upbringing in the '80s, it's full of '80s pop-rock influence, but totally lacking in '80s catchiness. I also can't really follow the lyrical storyline, at least not on the first listen. So, a mixed review here.

• 2 weeks later...
That was awesome. My only criticism is that they really should have found a way to work in the word "moot."

Zoot.......would have been easy if the guy knew anything about Springfield.

The fact he was in a fairly well known Aussie band called Zoot. Hee hee

But who am I to talk about knowing anything about him. In the 70s i always thought of him as American as he left aussie in 1972 and i was only 13 really had no idea who he was then he came out with this great very American sounding song about the time i started doing the sydney pub gigs. Yeah it was great song we all loved but so different from the music scene in auusie at the time.

Anyway the ironic thing thats prompted me to write this crap is that nursers thread made me do a read up about Rick. Heres the rub of me knowing nothing about him in those days is the fact i just read he was born in my home town infact we were the smaller side of town. Far out i never knew that and makes me thinking he was American even bizareer.

It might be how i think of aussie Keith Urban as American because he sings (to our ears) with an American accent. But he already did that before he went to America because many aussie country singers do. (And thats understandable). You americans might think he sounds too aussie???

It might be how i think of aussie Keith Urban as American because he sings (to our ears) with an American accent. But he already did that before he went to America because many aussie country singers do. (And thats understandable). You americans might think he sounds too aussie???

Only when he talks. Then I'm like, "what the heck? Oh, yeahâ¦"

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI