Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Richie Kaye, Singing & Playing as a Soloist, Episode 4: FEEL

Hello, fellow performers, fans and students!

Following up my third video, here's episode 4, FEEL.

Click here for the fourth episode:

Episode 4 on Vimeo.

Episode 4 on YouTube

Blues players will enjoy the reference to my friend, Texas JohnnyBoy, who's a really wonderful trad blues performer.

In music & mirth,

Richie Kaye

www.richiekaye.com

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the feel video. Changing the feel of the song can be a good thing or it can hurt the tune so much that it will turn others off. I was just playing around and a well known tune that came filtering into my little practice session last night. I won't mention the name of the song or everyone will know which tune I intend to rip off when I write my own lyrics this time around. I purposely left out the main riff LOL! Anyway, when I am working my own arrangements, I try to get the gist of the song/tune and keep the basic theme going. I may up tempo the tune or use a little jazzy chord vibe as long as it doesn't take away from the song. I like to improvise my own leads when I have a back up player. I'm not afraid to try My Little Twist (no pun intended sans Chubby Checker LOL!) in front of an audience. So far, it's been fun and my little changes have been well received, simply because I usually keep the feel of the song alive... :cool:
Take care, Larryz