Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can anyone give me a date?

picker

A friend of mine is having me do a little non-technical tech work on his Les Paul, and asked me if I could tell him the manufacture date. I don't have that kinda info at hand, and I thought maybe somebody here could figure it out. It's Gibson Les Paul Classic, cherry sunburst, with the serial number 004312. He bought it used some years back. It's in a brown case with the pink plush lining and silk "cover blanket", but he says it isn't the original case, his son wanted that one so they paid extra for it.

Can anybody decode that serial # for me? Thanx much!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine is having me do a little non-technical tech work on his Les Paul, and asked me if I could tell him the manufacture date. I don't have that kinda info at hand, and I thought maybe somebody here could figure it out. It's Gibson Les Paul Classic, cherry sunburst, with the serial number 004312. He bought it used some years back. It's in a brown case with the pink plush lining and silk "cover blanket", but he says it isn't the original case, his son wanted that one so they paid extra for it.

Can anybody decode that serial # for me? Thanx much!

Hey! That's the Les Paul model I have! Same Heritage Cherry Sunburst, '1960 pattern', as well.

What "little non-technical tech work" did you do on it? How'd you like it?

Mine's a 1996, and the serial number stamped on the back of its headstock starts with a 6; I'm guessing that your friend's Les Paul Classic is a 2000, I'll look further into it to see if I'm right... (Hey, cool, looks like I was right!)

1392.thumb.jpg.80a076d4e5e7991105ac506bc07a3ff0.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _