Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

How do you like the Go? I have a buddy's HX Stomp now - it's scary how much better sounding it is than my POD HD.

dB

I like the Go a lot, but today I received an HX Stomp and plan on using both. The go works well as an all in one unit that is a fraction of the price of the full Helix. I bought the Stomp to go on my pedal board. It will be the back end of the board, handling delay, reverb, tremolo, etc... while i use pedals for compression, overdrive and fuzz. To me this is a logical setup as many people do not care for the overdrives in simulators, and delays and modulations really need to be programmed per song. Seriously, you need to adjust your delay and course every song. A few overdrive pedals and judicious stacking and you are set on distortion with no knob tweaking. So my pedal board is now a Dunlop Wah, Boss tuner, Boss EQ, Keely compressor, OCD, EH Big Muff Wicker, Fuzz, HX Stomp. Best of both worlds.

As for the Go, it really is my grab and go device. Take anywhere and plug into anything. Don't even worry with an amp. Use an EV ZLX 12P for guitar or 15P for bass. Can I do everything that I can do with the HX Stomp + pedalboard? No. Do I need to? Not always.

The biggest difference between the two, the Stomp is a bit more flexible but the Go has a pedal built in and is cheaper. The stomp has 3 effects that the Go does not have, and a tiny bit more processing power. The Go has wah wah without having to spend $100 on a control pedal.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I bought it too...and sent it back.

WWW sent his back also. As for me, what I paid for it, I'll keep it anyway

We'll see...I bought it on Reverb, so I paid a decent price for it. I think it'll complement the Mini nicely. Might even be fun to layer the two.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I bought it too...and sent it back.

WWW sent his back also. As for me, what I paid for it, I'll keep it anyway

What is it people aren"t liking or on the fence about? :idk:

I just have the Korg VST but I"m totally enamored with the sound even if it"s not exactly like the originals. It"s so full of character and different from any thing else I have. Sounds so squirmy and elastic, like playing tug of war with an electric eel. So good. :love:

The candy store just delivered a Kurzweil half-damper.

Sort of funny, since I have no half-damper keyboards yet. As it turns out, it is electrically compatible with CC pedals from Kurzweil (and Ensoniq, and probably several others), so I have plugged it into the second CC pedal jack on my PC3.

I have already set it up for steel guitar bends; it's also compatible with Kurzweil's Wah patches. The only thing I had to change was my Organ patches which, if there is a 2nd CC pedal, use it as a preamp gain by default; thus the pedal zeroes out organ volume!

If anyone has suggestions for other continuous control uses for it, lemme know.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/KP-1H.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

An old Thinkpad A21m, 550Mhz PIII, 128MB RAM, WinXP.

The main reason for buying it was it's built in FDD, great in combination with OmniFlop for creating disks for my S2, esp. with the disk images available online. Being able to import samples is interesting.

Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e

Picked up a Blackstar Super Fly. 12 watts, two 3" speakers, ~ 6 pounds, battery powered. Marketed as a busking amp. Planning to use it as amplification for low-volume backyard jams and practices (everything outdoors these days). Will also do double duty as a larger alternative to the mass-market portable bluetooth streaming speakers. Might also be serviceable as a near field monitor for moderate-volume live gigs, instead of a floor wedge. This thing doesn't get super loud but the volume-to-size ratio is certainly acceptable.

This thread brings up a MalwareBytes warning for a site www.blackstaramps.com claiming a malicious site.

Both images from Morrisseysixman have been removed from display. Outbound Trojan on port 443.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

This thread brings up a MalwareBytes warning for a site www.blackstaramps.com claiming a malicious site.

Both images from Morrisseysixman have been removed from display. Outbound Trojan on port 443.

Sorry about that. I just linked to photos on the manufacturer's website. I'll delete them from my earlier post.

I got the Ken Rich Wurlizer straddlers so I can put my Moog Grandmother on my Wurly 200 and get it off my Hammond bench. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Got a new interface for our home studio! Wanted something with a lot of I/O for full-band tracking and rehearsing (and personal monitoring), and wifi mix control for musicians engineering for themselves... this was the only unit I found that could do all that AND record at high sample rates. Got a lot of figuring out to do, but my simple one-mic tests already have me psyched about how clean the preamps sound, and how handy the wifi mixer is (it can run either/both as an interface or a standalone DSP mixer with onboard effects, with lots of routing options, which is perfect for my projected use case).

Oh, I also got a Hammond A100 and a Leslie 147, but I posted about that elsewhere on the forum. Sorry to bury the lede. :wink:

1364.thumb.jpg.cc949c64830486c7dddcd584808a0d6b.jpg

1365.thumb.jpg.870c97b5b001c4ecb22059a2f6d5c5fe.jpg

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.