Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I've been neglecting you guys. Virtual Hang this weekend?

I've been wanting to schedule one of these for a few weeks, but I have had stuff going on every Friday. My schedule is pretty clear tomorrow and Sam has still left up the same Zoom room, so I thought we could have a hang if you-all want. Post here if you'll be on and when. I have a great tequila I'm planning to use that we haven't touched for a while. Tasty stuff. :thu:

We'll use the following Zoom meeting link: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/94185593517 or you can enter the meeting ID 941 8559 3517 upon firing up Zoom.

You will need a password to enter because bots like to scrape the internet for open Zoom meeting links and ruin everyone's day.

The password is "clonk" with a capital C and a zero in place of the letter o.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, I was just thinking about trying to kick-start one of these as well. I"d love to see some of your faces, especially since I"m coming back from a crazy couple of weeks â family visits, unearthing that Hammond, laptop death, my first gig since March, and, uh, getting sick earlier this week and waiting in terror for Covid test results (negative, thank god).

Let"s talk with great fervor about keyboard BS! I can also jump in this afternoon/early evening (east coast US).

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I've wondered if it wouldn't be better to set a couple hour window as a target. Last few times, I'd drop in throughout the day and night and not find anyone there each time.

Can you guys reshare the Zoom link so I can hop on after my next batch of work Zoom meetings are done? Thanks!

It is up above in Joe's original post.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I've wondered if it wouldn't be better to set a couple hour window as a target. Last few times, I'd drop in throughout the day and night and not find anyone there each time.

I didn't bother to consider this because it was such a last minute thing. Like Sam said, we can look into it for next time. :thu:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Glad I got to join in when I did. Something that churned in my sleep overnight spawned from a discussion of the Behringer Odyssey. I believe Dave brought up the point that if you want the sound of the real thing, get the real thing. He used the Urei 1176 compressor as another example citing WARM as a 1176 clone manufacturer (can"t remember the other manufacturer).

But it was Steve who suggested '...or you can just buy the WARM version and turn knobs until it sounds good'.

:clap:So obvious, so brilliant and so true for every piece of equipment out there.

Anyway, always enjoy these virtual hangs. Thanks Joe and Sam for keeping these going. :cheers:

I wanted to log on about 4 AM (my time) but had fallen asleep and not checked out if the alarm was set properly. AWS fpga try-out yesterday was fatiguing because of miles of senseless admission of the programmers prototype of being a willing toll booth collector person..

Anyhow, maybe there'll some more time for having a little fun.

T

Just dropped in and was just sgould and I : Scott I restarted and computer has demanded to do an update sorry :(

I'm a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, stapled into a bunch of family commitments :D

I"d like to be a part if the next hang if that"s okay. Might be tricky given the time difference, but should be able to make it work.

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

I"d like to be a part if the next hang if that"s okay. Might be tricky given the time difference, but should be able to make it work.

Darren

Of course, we'd love to have you! As I mentioned above, we might try to have more of a schedule next time. Since we have a bit of a contingent from that part of the planet, you guys definitely get considered in the timing. Whether we try to hit a time that's not at 3 or 4 am for you, or have different time blocks for different places, we will see.