Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NUMA COMPACT 2X - Audio Over USB Not Working

I just bought a Numa Compact 2x, and I can't get it to work at all as a slave for my DAW (Presonus Studio One 4) or hear anything from my computer.

I works flawlessly plug and play with my iPad...

I even emailed the company...

Is there some special set-up? I tried using the MIDI button, etc., nothing works.

Thanks,

- Jeff

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Before attempting to speculate further, can you please provide a few key details?

1) What OS is your Studio One 4 DAW running on ( Mac OS or PC WIn10)?

2) What version firmware is currently running on your new Numa Compact 2x? (current version is 1.20 but your keyboard may not have shipped with this version installed)

3) All of the documentation has been recently updated for version 1.20 and can be found HERE

4) and most importantly, are the cables that you are using all Apple certified if you are working with a Mac?

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

I agree with Tim that the most likely culprit are the system audio settings on your computer's operating system. You have already confirmed that everything is working properly with your IOS device so the keyboard itself appears to be functioning properly. I have had zero issues using the audio over USB functionality with my NC2x. PC's & WIndows usually require an additional software driver to communicate properly with hardware (if the generic one included with Windows doesn't recognize your hardware), while Mac OS often auto-recognizes class-compliant hardware and only requires a quick trip to the Audio MIDI Setup app in the Utilities folder to verify connectivity. And finally, make sure that you have the correct ports selected in your OS as well.

Studio-Logic has a quick trouble shooting tutorial for the NC2x on their website that you can look at HERE if you need additional assistance or explanation.

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

Thank you all for the replies!

Let's see...

1. My computer is a 2 year old Lenovo Yoga with the latest OS from Windows 10 - it just updated the other day.

1.5 I have the latest firmware from Numa - I updated it on the app and installed the new sounds.

2. I have no idea what driver is required - where do I find the proper one?

3. I DID get the Numa C2x to work as a slave (Numa > computer > Kontakt Komplete audio interface > speaker), but still not with a single USB cable (Numa >< computer). Yes, I selected the Numa as my input source in my DAW (Presonus Studio One 4). It just started working out of the blue....

4. In my DAW, Numa does NOT show up as a chooser for audio interface. Studiologic support (Gianni) says it should - I DO see several "studio" offerings - are they what I should use? Or, should an audio interface actually called "Numa" show up?

Thanks you all! - Jeff (I will check that troubleshooting guide...)

I've also developed this weird "double tracking" when using the Numa with my DAW - each note also has a "ghost" note at the start of it (not all the time...). It takes forever to eliminate them, and the notes do not fully sound unless I do the elimination.

This also occurs when using a Roland UNO MIDI adapter in the 5 pin MIDI ports (with the USB disconnected).

Anybody experience this?

Glad to here that things are looking up. "Double-tracking " usually occurs when "Local On" is turned in conjunction with a DAW/Computer setup. You might need to turn it to "Local Off" (depends on the DAW). There should be an adjustment possible in the updated Global Edit mode.

I just took another quick glance through the Studiologic Support & Troubleshooting section for the NC2/NC2x and it said that drivers are not required for WIndows v8.1 & above. Apparently the WIN 10 generic drivers should be fine. Are you updated all the way to the latest build of WIn 10? (e.g. build 2004)? If this is indeed the case then I would also recommend a trip to the Lenovo website and verify that you have all of the latest recommended versions of the manufacturers native drivers, especially the Chipset drivers? These should usually be updated first, before actually updating any WIndows OS.

Glad to here that things are looking up. "Double-tracking " usually occurs when "Local On" is turned in conjunction with a DAW/Computer setup. You might need to turn it to "Local Off" (depends on the DAW). There should be an adjustment possible in the updated Global Edit mode.

I just took another quick glance through the Studiologic Support & Troubleshooting section for the NC2/NC2x and it said that drivers are not required for WIndows v8.1 & above. Apparently the WIN 10 generic drivers should be fine. Are you updated all the way to the latest build of WIn 10? (e.g. build 2004)? If this is indeed the case then I would also recommend a trip to the Lenovo website and verify that you have all of the latest recommended versions of the manufacturers native drivers, especially the Chipset drivers? These should usually be updated first, before actually updating any WIndows OS.

Thank you! I see that you are in A2 - I'm U of M law, class of '86. I would assume that local control on is "on," as I can play the internal sounds by pushing the buttons to "red" under the LED display. I've yet to menu-dive with this instrument; hopefully this is in the manual. I assume you mean local on / off in the Numa, correct?

My Win 10 OS is build 2004, installed (much to my aggravation, as it destroyed a song I was working on - wipe it out entirely!) on July 31. Do I have to roll it back to install those Lenovo drivers? I'm quite sure they are out of date.

Giannia of SL did say in an email that WIN 10 has caused problems. Hopefully the Lenovo drivers will work.

Thanks, and GO BLUE!

- Jeff